Invisible Clubs in Career Mode

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Dixieman

Invisible Clubs in Career Mode

Post by Dixieman »

I usually play this game in career mode. Career mode gives you the option of playing a tournament round with a playing partner, who will be one of the players in your career mode roster. I don't play with a partner often; usually only if it's the final round and I'm in the top 5 or 10 and contending for the win. This happened last night and I chose to play with a partner. When that player tee'd it up, he did so with invisible clubs. I suppose it has something to do with the animation that is used for that player, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Thoughts from anyone?
Doug
pmgolf

Re: Invisible Clubs in Career Mode

Post by pmgolf »

Make sure all players are using the "clubs.l3" file for their club selection - shows up as just "clubs" on the "Personality" page of the "Players" settings area, where you choose the animation you want to use.

Pete
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

pmgolf wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 9:39 pm Make sure all players are using the "clubs.l3" file for their club selection - shows up as just "clubs" on the "Personality" page of the "Players" settings area, where you choose the animation you want to use.

Pete
Thanks, tried it. Unfortunately it didn't work; clubs are still invisible. When I use those players/animations outside of career mode in regular play, however, the clubs are there. So it's apparently some kind of disconnect between career mode and the animations themselves. Stumped.
Doug
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I've seen this problem around here somewhere, I just can't think of where. Try searching the forums for "invisible".

Pete
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

pmgolf wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 2:52 am I've seen this problem around here somewhere, I just can't think of where. Try searching the forums for "invisible".

Pete
Yep, I've seen it before as well, but can't find anything yet.
Doug
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Try this:

Add a copy of Clubs.l3 to your /PolyAni/ folder (you can find it in the /PoliAni/Clubs/ folder).

Pete
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

pmgolf wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 3:01 am Try this:

Add a copy of Clubs.l3 to your /PolyAni/ folder (you can find it in the /PoliAni/Clubs/ folder).

Pete
Mr. Pete, I think that did the trick. After copying that file to the polyani folder, I created a "test" player and started him on a new career. In the first amateur tournament, his playing partner remembered to bring his clubs! Thanks for the tips!
Doug