Help

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Dr golf

Help

Post by Dr golf »

I cannot for the life of me remember how to unzip a downloaded course and load it into the course files. I’m really stumped here. Please help me. Thank you
Steve
dick burt

Re: Help

Post by dick burt »

Do you have a zip program?
I have winzip 8.1 (it's free)
Open the zip program, then open the zip file from where ever you have it, then extract the crz (course) file to
the course directory.
Sometimes the course file will extract to a virtual store directory.
I have win10 & made a shortcut to the virtual store on my desktop
for easy cut & paste into my course directory.
Hope this helps.
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

I downloaded winzip however it didn’t help me

Please help me
Thank you
Steve
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

While unzip programs are convenient, I believe you can unzip files without a special program for it so that feels like it should be the simplest method for you.

After downloading your .zip file, you first want to locate it within File Explorer, which you can do in different ways. One is by pressing the windows key and the E key at the same time (the windows key is commonly found at the bottom left between the left ctrl and alt keys) to open File Explorer, and then navigate to wherever you have downloads set to be placed. Commonly this is in the "Downloads" folder which usually shows up in the quick menu on the left side of file explorer. If you cannot find the .zip file there, depending on which internet browser you are using (let us know which one, if you continue to run into issues) you might be able to find the location by pressing Ctrl+J within your browser, and then right clicking the .zip file and selecting "open containing folder" or "open original location" or something like that.

After having found it in File Explorer, right click the file and select Extract or Extract All, then follow the instructions. The extracted file(s) should end up in the same folder afterwards, unless you selected a custom location (and possibly within a new folder). Locate the .crz file and move it to your Links 2003/Courses folder. If having trouble with moving it or finding the Courses folder let us know, or use the within-Links Course Manager to add the .crz into your course list instead.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Left click the downloaded zip file
Right click the .crz file which is the Links 2003 course
Select "Copy"
Now go to your Links 2003 courses folder
Right click an empty space and select "Paste"
Done!
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Com'on, Doc. Even children provide more information about their problem than you're doing - unless you're trolling. Have you got Windows 10? That answer is important. Google "how to unzip". Google "how to find a folder in Windows 10". That should give you a start.

Pete
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

Thank you all for sharing your insights. I was able to download and open the course in correct files. Thank you again and Pete, I did provide info in an earlier post
Thank you
Steve
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Sorry there, Dr golf, but when trying to see how to help you, I did a search and found all 5 of your previous posts, and none of them had any information about your PC or operating system.

Pete
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

Pete
It's all good. Everything has come back to me regarding unzipping etc. I thank you and everyone for their time and efforts. I am very grateful

Steve