[Issue] Kawalana Bay

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Danny D

Re: [Issue] Kawalana Bay

Post by Danny D »

Another point I'd like to make for those of you that aren't aware. Take a closer look at the pictures I posted. Note that in the top pic there are more trees showing on the horizon. Look over to the far right at those trees and its real clear that some are missing in the second pic. Also, in the bottom pic you can see the sand in the large trap near the center, but in the top pic, you can't see much sand at all. This is because, when you move the graphics slider to the left, it starts removing some of the distant objects so the course will render and redraw faster. For those of you that don't know about this, it is not a glitch or a problem. It's supposed to work like that to allow systems with weaker graphics to work better and allow for faster screen rendering and game play.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Danny,

Thank you very much for taking the time to investigate this.......seems like you may have found a solution.....

Sage...... :yes:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: September 7th, 2019, 7:02 am Hi Danny,

Thank you very much for taking the time to investigate this.......seems like you may have found a solution.....

Sage...... :yes:
:thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Danny D wrote: September 7th, 2019, 2:33 am Another point I'd like to make for those of you that aren't aware. Take a closer look at the pictures I posted. Note that in the top pic there are more trees showing on the horizon. Look over to the far right at those trees and its real clear that some are missing in the second pic. Also, in the bottom pic you can see the sand in the large trap near the center, but in the top pic, you can't see much sand at all. This is because, when you move the graphics slider to the left, it starts removing some of the distant objects so the course will render and redraw faster. For those of you that don't know about this, it is not a glitch or a problem. It's supposed to work like that to allow systems with weaker graphics to work better and allow for faster screen rendering and game play.

Dan :cheers1:
Hey guys, good news...

Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (679.31 KiB) Viewed 3713 times

I've checked what Danny said and was right! The bar in my links was little less than half way to right, so I just moved it to the full right
and the problem has gone but...

The weird thing here... is that from the very beggining I set ALL the settings in my links in full detail and never had an issue before,
and the game runs perfectly, so i still cannot figure out how that bar could moved alone to where it was causing this... I never change it!

Anyway looks like it is solved... So thank you guys all for your time trying to help me!

Shine on and cheers!!! :kicking:
"Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
or was it the hand of fate that seemed to fit just like a glove?"
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote: September 10th, 2019, 2:32 am
Hey guys, good news...

I've checked what Danny said and was right! The bar in my links was little less than half way to right, so I just moved it to the full right
and the problem has gone but...

The weird thing here... is that from the very beggining I set ALL the settings in my links in full detail and never had an issue before,
and the game runs perfectly, so i still cannot figure out how that bar could moved alone to where it was causing this... I never change it!

Anyway looks like it is solved... So thank you guys all for your time trying to help me!

Shine on and cheers!!! :kicking:
That's great Obi Wan! Just a word of warning. When the graphics slider is full right, it will slow down the screen re-draws and rendering, so be expected to see some additional time between shots. The time for redraws will vary, depending on your computer specs and the course you are playing. Should you happen to play a course with unbearably long redraws between shots, just move that slider to the left until you finish that course, and put it back to full right when done. When I was playing every day, I was always moving that slider around. Perhaps you saw someone suggest moving it in a prior post and you tried it and simply forgot to put it back. At least now you know how it works now and can adjust it as needed. That's what it's there for.

Live long and prosp...... :unsure: no wait, wrong movie.... :tomato: May the force be with you! :tiphat:

Dan
Completed Courses