Unable to test my course in practice or normal play.

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
brucebain1

Unable to test my course in practice or normal play.

Post by brucebain1 »

I have recently come back to APCD and am building my local course thanks to the excellent tutorials by Lez marwick. I have most of the levels complete and placed a tee and pin on two holes, saved and validated which went OK. Imported the course to Links where it showed the two holes as playable. On clicking play the screen went blank and dropped straight back to Desktop. I have no trouble playing any of the bought courses in practice or ordinary mode. Can anyone help?
Ian Wells

Re: Unable to test my course in practice or normal play.

Post by Ian Wells »

Bruce,
It may be that you have used a texture greater than 1024x1024.
Ian
brucebain1

Post by brucebain1 »

Thanks Ian, that could well be as following Lez's tutorial on importing Google maps, I used the 4000+ square. I have not converted all the areas
back to rough as I have a lot of elevation points still to plot. I will try that with a new saved copy. The course in on the side of a valley with a 300 ft elevation change and every green and tee is set into the slope. I will let you know what happens.
Regards, Bruce.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Just a guess here but if you created any course map from Google maps and are now using it as a guide for creating your course, you have to get rid of all traces of the Google map overlay before Links will accept it for testing. I generated a map using Lez's "Episode 24. Real courses - Creating and adding an aerial image" and am adding verts to it.

Pete
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

If you are unable to find the triangle where that piece of google maps is still om the plot you may have to replace the user.lib file in the APCD folder.

Move your old user.lib to your desktop and then restart the APCD, it will then create a new user.lib file and a then will load the stock terrain textures as well as the ones on the course file you just loaded. If there is some of the original google maps there it will show up in that new set, so If it there then you will have to carefully go through the plot looking for the area you missed. If not you have another problem.
brucebain1

Post by brucebain1 »

Thanks very much Guys, I did try this morning but missed a bit. I will have to try again this weekend, but it will be just a trial as I have a lot of elevations still to do and it is much easier with the photo overlay. I di find another way of using Google Earth. Using the path tool to make a baseline and saving it. It left a line overlaid on the map, I repeated that for each line of verts, then took 30 metre high readings along each line. On thing I found was that the height readings in trees were to the top of the canopy, not ground level.
I will let you know how I get on later.
Regards,
Bruce.
brucebain1

Post by brucebain1 »

Thank you very much everyone, problem solved.
I went to Face selected a face of the overlay, clicked all of type and then changed to Rough.
I was able to load into Links and play.
Cheers, Bruce.