Best screen resolution for Links HD courses?

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Hogan

Best screen resolution for Links HD courses?

Post by Hogan »

I changed some of my NVidia settings and thought it might make the HD courses look better than the others. I have a display of 1680x1050 now and instead of looking better it actually looked worse and hurts my eyes. Any ideas on what the best settings are for Links? My computer handles the game with no lags at all, but it definitely looks like a lower resolution is better for all the courses, HD or not.
Thanks for any help,
Brad.
Daniel

Re: Best screen resolution for Links HD courses?

Post by Daniel »

Have you checked in Links options then system info, are you running at 16 bit color or 32 bit color.
Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Yes, I've checked the system info and chose 32 bit. I'm running windows 10 and 27" curved monitor. I have a screen shot of my system info, but can't seem to post it here.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Have you tried changing the nVidia setting back to their default to see if it looks better that way?

I have a GeoForce GTX 1050 TI running Links at 1680 x 1050 and I've never changed any settings but the courses look great to me. :dunno:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Yes do as Andy says reset your card back to default.
Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Thank you Daniel and Andy for your help. I think I've got it under control. I was assuming that 'HD' golf courses were something very special and should look more realistic than all the others, but not so I guess. <G> Don't get me wrong, they are really beautiful and well done, but they look the same to me as any 1024x1024 course.
Brad.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Hogan wrote: March 16th, 2021, 12:21 am Thank you Daniel and Andy for your help. I think I've got it under control. I was assuming that 'HD' golf courses were something very special and should look more realistic than all the others, but not so I guess. <G> Don't get me wrong, they are really beautiful and well done, but they look the same to me as any 1024x1024 course.
Brad.
Hi Brad...
1024x1024 courses ARE "HD". Some 1024x1024 textures are not as good or as clear as others. The clarity mostly depends on the quality of the textures, and sometimes the PLANAR settings can make them look blurry

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Thank you Dan. I have a 27" curved monitor and many of the courses I have loaded on my hard drive look absolutely gorgeous, and make Links even more of a joy to play. I was playing along with the pros at Sawgrass this past weekend and LOVE the 17th hole! LOL!!! It's long been one of my favorite courses and is not only beautiful in real life, but also in our Links 2003 golf world.Sage Vanni, Anders Besserman, and Andrew Jones have done a great job of bringing Sawgrass to life in a golf sim.
Brad.