Links2003 crashes

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Koolmov

Links2003 crashes

Post by Koolmov »

I had issues with links2003 on my hp laptop that one of you was kind enough to help me thru last year. The voodoo wrap seemed to work well until 3 days ago. When I try to start a new round, I get to choose a course, an MOP then when I hit next, the game crashes. No selection of players, no error message just a crash.

I am able to start and play a saved game (the only one unfortunately). And I can “quick start” selecting courses and up to 4 players but no MOP.

I am running the downloaded version of Links2003 on a win 10 HP laptop. I have suspended updates, so there wasn’t one to cause this (at least I dont think so).

Any help appreciated.
Adelade

Re: Links2003 crashes

Post by Adelade »

Not sure, but have you perhaps recently made any changes to the game, such as added or changed player/club/mop files for example? If it was me, I would try to restore the Links 2003 > PolyAni directory (including clubs) to its default state by cutting out and pasting any recently modified or created files to somewhere else temporarily (so that you could always put them back afterwards), and see if it works then.

Does it happen even if you select a different MOP? You could try the same thing with (C:) > ProgramData(hidden folder) > Links 2003 > Mops

If its not clear what the default state files are, ask and we can probably figure it out.

Worst case, a full reinstall would likely work but maybe you dont have to.

Someone else might know more or have better suggestions though.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Why do you have to choose a MOP for each round? Automatically the round is stroke play, which is a normal round of golf.

Pete
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

It sounds to me that you may have a corrupt player file (.PIN).

Try moving all but one to a different folder and see if Links will start.
I started off with nothing and I still have most of it left!