windows 10

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
sagevanni

windows 10

Post by sagevanni »

I HATE windows 10....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :rant:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Still Linksing

Re: windows 10

Post by Still Linksing »

Really? Me too! Such a small world that here we are, 2 people on a not too busy forum and yet we both share the identical opinion! WOW!
It couldn't possibly be that Win 10 is just no good and there are others like us??? :laugh:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I have to believe 99.9% of the people who use windows hate it. I always have. The pain of it all for me is almost EVERYONE designs programs for windows. I have used others OS's..........I would use Linux but the games I like ( Links ) does not run on it......along with others.

There has been and always will be big issues with windows.........

I tell windows I don't want updates.....and have turned updating off......what does windows do......late at night when I am asleep....it updates.....and I lose ALL my custom settings.......I can not even get dgVoodoo to work any more.......so in the game I see messed up skies......block looking 2D objects.......the list goes on...................

I HATE windows.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage.......
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Here is another thing.......after YEARS of the "blue screen of death"........why has microsoft never fixed it...????????

Sage....... :dunno:
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

sagevanni wrote: September 17th, 2019, 1:27 pm Here is another thing.......after YEARS of the "blue screen of death"........why has microsoft never fixed it...????????

Sage....... :dunno:
What's to fix? :dunno:

In my experience BSODs are invariably caused by hardware issues. :pcwhack:
I started off with nothing and I still have most of it left!
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

That means EVERY computer I have had running windows has something wrong with the hardware. Not likely......

I can run Linux on any computer I have ever had and I have never had a crash.

It's windows........CRAP code.......from day one.......that is my experience.......

Sage...... :smile:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Ok Sage, forced updates are a pain. I haven't had Win 10 long enough to really understand it's workings, that'll take much time. I've used the method outlined below to stop updates. I'm hoping this will work permanently. It's been 6 days and it's worked. Next couple of days will be the real test as 7 days looks to be an automatic trigger for Win 10 to re-enable them automatically despite what users have done. The benefit of this method is you can also manually download updates if you wish so the update system works the same as it did in older Windows versions.

Go to: search
Type: gpedit.msc
Navigate to: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update
Right window double click: Configure Automatic Updates
Top left: Check "Disable"
Click "Apply"
Click "Ok"

dgvoodoo

I'm not sure about your specific issue with Links and why it's occurred BUT, one thing to certainly try is to use another dgvoodoo version. If you have an older graphics card and PC in particular, try much older dgvoodoo versions.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hey Still,

Well blow me down........just used my original download dgVoodoo......worked.......So messed up.

Sage...... :smile:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Sage, I am now into 8 days and Windows 10 has not updated. Looks like my posted method will kill updating until you wish to apply them yourself. :thumbup:
Golf Sim Clubhouse