DG Voodoo Card and Links

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
brooks2345

DG Voodoo Card and Links

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi - As I now have the dreaded plague (COVID) and it's winter in Englsnd, I thought I'd try to get back to designing a few courses. UNFORTUNATELY, although my new computer works ten times as quickly and is one tenth the size of the old steam-driven one, I just can't get my graphics to work properly. I'm trying to make all the adjustments from within the Links program (i.e. options/graphics) so I don't have to start messing about with the computer's settings.

In particular:-

(a) The ability to set up a window (say 1920 x 1080) is there, but all I get is a tiddly little window top left of my screen. Can't understand why.

(b) The ability to show yardages and place shots in the topview screen (i.e. the screen at top right of the main screen in the game) has gone.

and

(c) The grid on greens to show the line of putts has vanished

Any ideas (preferably in plain English in words of 3 syllables or less without acronyms or abbreviations and in non-technobabblespeak) would be most welcome.

Cheers

John Brooks
Adelade

Re: DG Voodoo Card and Links

Post by Adelade »

a) Could you tell us a bit more about what you're using? For example, your headline mentions the DgV wrapper, so I assume you're using that? Have you tried selecting the resolution from the wrapper config file instead of within Links itself? Do you have the Nvidia patch installed? Have you done any Registry edits?

b) Is your golfer set to Elite mode? In Elite mode, aiming in the top view is disabled by design.

c) Is your golfer set to Elite mode? In Elite mode, the grid is disabled by design.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Adelade

Thanks for getting back. I thought that as the World Matchplay was on telly I'd go back and have a look at my old Austin Courses - You've already done an update so we're singing from the same hymnsheet!

My golfer's skill level is definitely set to Pro, which should give a grid and also yardages in the viewpoint screen. But nothing. Maybe i'll try Amateur skill level and see if that makes any difference. If not, then I'll have to somehow make adjustments through the DG Voodoo software rather than through the games software. However, I don't think that the NVidia patch ever came across from one computer to the other.

I'll get back to you.

Cheers

John Brooks
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Adelade

Interesting. I changed to Amateur Skill Level Mode, yet when I then go to the game, it shows me as ELITE. So it looks as if the game doesn't recognise changes being made to a player. You could have cracked it here. Perhaps best way is to set up new golfer.

Cheers

John Brooks
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Right, that seems to have cracked problems (b) and (c) - for some reason, the game got stuck as ELITE - but when I set up a new golfer as Pro, EUREKA!!

That still leaves my screen problem......