Can't do direct-connect? Check this.

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Pancho

Can't do direct-connect? Check this.

Post by Pancho »

I think an answer has been found that has recently prevented some folks (especially those with new and/or isp-supplied routers). The issue is that Links is not able to find an IPv6 address. Perhaps someone with the source code can add this feature in a new version or provide us with an add-on that would supply Links with this capability. The workaround is to disable IPv6 in Window's Network/Sharing Center, then click "change adapter" (on the left menu) which should allow you to uncheck IPv6 (reboot may be required). I doubt any ISP is yet supplying its clients with only IPv6 IP addresses. It should be many years down the road before all us old timers pass away when that starts to occur. Personally I don't have any current use for IPv6. If you are a hard core gamer, perhaps you will have to go back into your network settings to re-enable IPv6 when you finish your Links play for the day. I have seen posts of several unhappy campers who now have to play on Game Ranger because of this new inability to direct connect by IP. Give this solution a try.