IP to IP not working anymore

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Sandy_Trapp

Re: IP to IP not working anymore

Post by Sandy_Trapp »

Daniel wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:57 pm Port Triggers just open the ports you select without having to use the router's IP. I will tell you now if you are using Norton and it is not configured correctly to play Links you will have no chance of the game playing. Norton is a pain up the ass when it comes to Links 2003. If it was pre-installed when you bought your new Computer get rid of it and use Windows Defender it is as good as any other antivirus program.
I bought it. Never had problems before with it. Seems I only had trouble after a windows update on the old computer. Have a new one with Windows 11, thought that might sort out the problems, but no.
May try disabling Norton and see if that works.
Sandy_Trapp

Re: IP to IP not working anymore

Post by Sandy_Trapp »

Thanks for all your suggestions, but nothing seems to remedy the problem Deleted port forwarding and turned on DMZ. Tried the Windows Defender route. Tried turning off Norton. As long as gameranger keeps working, I'll be okay. Strange, though, that it would all of a sudden not connect as it used to. Maybe someday, I'll tick something and it'll work, who knows? The game IS 18 years old.