Links 2003 and Windows 11

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
JohnPatO

Links 2003 and Windows 11

Post by JohnPatO »

I fought like crazy trying everything to run Links in Windows 10 and mostly it was a no go. So I built a new very budget system (MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max MB with an Athlon 3000G CPU) and installed Windows 11. I ignored trying to install Links thinking no go in Windows 10 must mean no go in Windows 11. Wrong and Links installed and runs perfectly in Windows 11. It detected and uses the APU Integrated graphics (Vega 3) just fine. And using compatibility mode for XP SP3 could not ask for better performance. Still wondering if it is Windows 11 or the fact that the Athlon 3000G is a budget CPU with very basic specs. Either way I could not be happier. Just thought I would post for anyone contemplating the jump to Windows 11 as you may, or may not, find similar outcomes to my experience. :fcrossed:
1PuttJeff

Re: Links 2003 and Windows 11

Post by 1PuttJeff »

This was very interesting to read because I keep wondering if someone in the Links Community will eventually develop a "patch" that could be used, so that if someone were to upgrade to Windows 11, Links would still work with it? :smile:
GoBucks

Re: Links 2003 and Windows 11

Post by GoBucks »

1PuttJeff wrote: October 21st, 2021, 7:49 pm This was very interesting to read because I keep wondering if someone in the Links Community will eventually develop a "patch" that could be used, so that if someone were to upgrade to Windows 11, Links would still work with it? :smile:
It appears that Links works fine after updating to W11.
viewtopic.php?p=11996#p11996
No matter where you go, there you are.