JPEG photos

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Dr golf

JPEG photos

Post by Dr golf »

Can anyone tell me how to link a jpeg photo of a golfer to links? My system is running windows 10
Thank you
Steve
Adelade

Re: JPEG photos

Post by Adelade »

Make it 50x60 pixels with an image editor for example Paint, put it in (C:)\ProgramData\Links 2003\Players , then make or edit a player within Links and select it.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

Thank you. The pictures are from ani-master and are already sized appropriately. I load them into poly-ani but they don’t appear. Not sure how I get them to show up
Thank you
Steve
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I...

Someone else will have to help you until I recover enough to know what to say to that.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Dr golf wrote: May 17th, 2021, 4:49 pm Thank you. The pictures are from ani-master and are already sized appropriately. I load them into poly-ani but they don’t appear. Not sure how I get them to show up
Thank you
Steve
They don't go in the PoliAni folder - they go in the C:/Program Data/Links 2003/Players/ folder.

Pete
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Adelade wrote: May 17th, 2021, 6:08 pm I...

Someone else will have to help you until I recover enough to know what to say to that.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Adelade and Pete gave the location and just to be clear, the "Players" folder is a hidden folder so you will have to enable viewing of hidden folders.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

Pete
Thank you for setting me on the correct path! Everything worked following your advice. Many thanks :thumbup:

Steve
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

Thank you all for taking the time to help me. Very appreciated
Steve