Old Player with less brain cells than before.

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
NitroUK

Old Player with less brain cells than before.

Post by NitroUK »

Hi Guys i used to play Links 2003 when it first came out with a great bunch of English guys (Paul was the leader..) where we'd play a weekly tournament and email in our MOP files (thinks that was what it called). Anyways I'm back to playing again and I'm totally lost so thought I would ask for some help.

1.I've patched the game up to 1.07 and even did the nvidia patch. Being disabled with 50%vision amongst other disabilities (rare bleeding condition, spinal injuries). I'm on alot of morphine so have terrible memory so can't remember how I change my ball to a slightly larger (visually). And brighter to (yellowy green colour) ¿?
2.Iused to play with a fabulous Peter Ayllis (Uk golf commentator) but can't remember where I downloaded it from. Please help.

3.need to find an older golfer ani that had a nice blue hawaiian shirt?

Thanks for all help /tips/advice.... Glenn W. from Dorset.
pmgolf

Re: Old Player with less brain cells than before.

Post by pmgolf »

In the game, select "Options", and then "Game Settings" and choose extra large for ball size.

When playing a round, select "Tracer Options" in the Display Options at the bottom of the screen and select "Tracer always on".

There is a free website for serious and non-serious links game play at LSPN.net. The membership goes back to the very early days of Links golf (I've been playing since the early 90's). Competition at all levels, pre-challenging and challenging conditions.

I don't know about the other things. Good luck and welcome back!

Pete
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

Second from the top - UK Tribute version 6 - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=72

A lot of the other sound scripts have a variety of announcers, including Peter Ayllis, Jim Nance, David Feherty, Gary McCord, Dottie Pepper, and Ian Baker Finch to name a few.
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
NitroUK

Post by NitroUK »

Many thnaks for those tipsw guys my question i have now is how can i make my golf ball yellow (or luminous green) for easier vieweing?

Thnak you once again....Glenn - W - NitroUK
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

NitroUK wrote: November 18th, 2020, 9:30 am Many thnaks for those tipsw guys my question i have now is how can i make my golf ball yellow (or luminous green) for easier vieweing?

Thnak you once again....Glenn - W - NitroUK
If my memory serves me, it seems like there was a version of Links prior to Links 2003 where you had the option of using colored balls. But I've never heard of it in Links 2003. I also remember one of the previous versions having a breakable camera lens. You could hit a ball into a hard object and it would bounce back into the camera and shatter the lens. :rofl: How many of you remember that?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added