GBVC is now LVC - what features do we need/not need

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
cloeks1

Re: GBVC is now LVC - what features do we need/not need

Post by cloeks1 »

I now have Excel 2010 which should work. Is there any chance of a trial version of LVC available in the near future
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Just wondering...how many APCD'ers are including crowds and tournament objects with their designs?

(....in addition to the clubhouses of course!😄)
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

Is there a link to a description of this LVC?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I would love to see a demo too...I'd be happy to nit pick!😉
I've been hoping for a new set of Excrl files...sorry that it's taken 4 months to read the post!
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

I am working on LVT...renamed to Links Virtual Tour...as I get time. There is a lot of stuff that needed to be programmed just to set up a tour.
I am at the point where you set the parameters and field selection for a tournament. I hope to have a version where you can play a tournament by early Spring. I may tease you soon with a few screenshots. :naughty:
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Any chance that a beta of LVC will be available soon? Thanks
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

cloeks1 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 6:27 pm mwc0914 ...... Do you know what version of Excel we will need or if there is something free or cheap we can use to run it?
MS has a free Excel viewer at this link, but it doesn't allow data entry.

https://microsoft-excel-viewer.en.softonic.com/
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

cloeks1 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 6:27 pm mwc0914 ...... Do you know what version of Excel we will need or if there is something free or cheap we can use to run it?
Another option that allows editing of spreadsheets: Download and install Bluestacks, an Android emulator (there are at least six other emulators to choose from, NOX, LDPlayer, etc.). This is a free Windows app that shows about 40 seconds worth of ads as it starts up, then it's clear sailing. Then, from Bluestacks, get Google Sheets from Google Play. All the reviews I've seen claim it is truly free, and it is usually rated at four or five stars. As a bonus, Bluestacks will run many of your favourite Android apps on a PC. I ran this app just to make sure it works. It takes a few minutes to learn how to import a file from Windows, but basically you open the Sheets app, then drag an Excel file into the Sheets window. A little white "balloon" appears at the top, single-click on that, and while clicked on it, drag the pointer over to the gear icon, and open the Media Manager. From there you can open the speadsheet using Sheets.