Real Tournaments 2021

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Lord Hearteater

Real Tournaments 2021

Post by Lord Hearteater »

Work has been done on the next CM season, as far as there is available information to work with. Some year 2020 turned out to be, with the pro golf tours not resembling their original schedules after mid-March. For RT2021, I once again have all major championship venues represented. I wait with baited breath for more of a schedule to be released for the US PGA Tour, as there are now more current Tour venues available than there are slots in a 24-week CM season. If one event becomes rendered extinct by COVID 19, then it will be a matter of re-slotting the subsequent events in RT2021. Should every event still be present in the real life 2021 PGA Tour schedule, I am likely looking at relocating the Travelers or John Deere Championship to the semi-pro level, so as to bring the Tour Championship at East Lake into the mix. As is my wont, I shall keep the updates posted here, and strive for an early November release to LC, just in time to play the first event of the 20-21 season at the new Sea Island Seaside crz.
ACES: far too many to list
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
Duglis

Re: Real Tournaments 2021

Post by Duglis »

Thanks. Nice.
Lord Hearteater

There is now a full PGA Tour 2020-2021 schedule published, and after analyzing it, I concluded that the proper thing to do would be to eliminate the Wells Fargo Championship from the schedule, since Quail Hollow will also be the Presidents Cup venue for the final week. There is perhaps another hour and a half of work to do, involving switching around a few tournaments, venues, purses, and trophies for the proper chronological order. Notable placements include the Players Championship in Week 10, with the Masters in Week 11, the PGA Championship in Week 14, the US Open in Week 17, and the Open Championship in Week 21. A pair of FedEx Cup events, along with the Presidents Cup will round out the 24-week slate. I will also have to reposition the historic, European and senior events found at the semi-pro level, so that they line up with the majors as they do in RT2020. Purse amounts will be from RT2020, due to the lack of available information about their 2021 figures. I hope to provide notice of completion soon, and hopefully avoid the forgetfulness that caused the rather late release of RT2020, last year.
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
Lord Hearteater

It's done, including an updated (and lower) purse amount for the Open Championship, which will again be at Royal St. George's (as the 2020 event was cancelled in real life). As is my usual wont, I'll keep on the lookout for updated purse information between now and release time. I will also do a thorough review of courses and conditions, in an effort to catch any possible mistakes (RT 2020 had an unintended flip-flop of event names and venues in the semi-pro level). Sincere thanks to the course designers out there who are keeping the game fresh, and making my decisions a bit more difficult. This marks the first year where there are more regular season venues available than there are slots in a 24-week CM season (which is actually 23 weeks of a full schedule). Fortunately, the use of Quail Hollow for the Presidents Cup keeps that venue on the schedule. Thoughts are now allowed to wonder if the eventual 20th anniversary season (RT2023) might be of a longer length, provided the new course releases and my own research can have desirable outcomes. Meanwhile, it is hoped that RT2021 will have more "play along with TV" applicability than RT2020 ended up having. I'm sure that we should all welcome a return to normalcy. Look for a release date of RT2021 in late October.
Lord Hearteater

Just uploaded; look for it in the LC forum very soon.

All four major championships are on their real-world venues, for only the second time in the history of my Real Tournaments series.

Purse amounts are largely from 2019 (and thus, my RT2020 season); pre-COVID levels. Hopefully, 2021 will see a return to a normal schedule, and I now know how to gain an upper hand on keeping the purse amounts as real as possible for RT2022.

There's literally only 2 or 3 off weeks between Kapalua and the Open Championship, so those who like to play along with the pros on the telly will have plenty to keep them engaged. The northern autumn is not represented. Play a 12-week season and pass Q-school during that time (i.e. NOW, as of this writing), if you are new to the game, or have yet to win a pro tournament.

After the Open, the first and final weeks of FedEx Cup play are represented, including the Tour Championship at East Lake. Week 24's invitational is the Presidents Cup, a match-play event for $1.5M (the minimum, as there is no prize money in real life). With the President's Cup being held at Quail Hollow, I eliminated the Wachovia Championship, which is a regular season tournament at the same venue. I will have a considerable dilemma, when the time comes to work on RT2022, now that there are more current courses available than there are weeks in a 24-week Career Mode season.

The amateur level is unchanged from RT2020, with newer real world events at more recently-created Links-playable courses being inserted. The direction established with RT2019 featuring more European Tour events at the semi-pro level, along with the tradition of using defunct American events to fill the spaces at this level has been carried forward. I want to make all levels engaging and challenging for the player, but remember that the player is always the final editor, before the season starts. I also want to leave the creation of a Real Tournaments season based upon the European Tour open to someone who is perhaps more devoted to following that tour than myself. The American Tour is the pinnacle of the sport, and I try to make my seasons based upon that tour the best that they can be. I hope that you find much enjoyment playing Real Tournaments 2021, and look forward to bringing you a wonderful 20th anniversary season for RT2022.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Thank You, sir! :)