9 More Skies

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
dick burt

Re: 9 More Skies

Post by dick burt »

Adelade wrote: August 18th, 2020, 4:32 pm
dick burt wrote: August 18th, 2020, 3:05 pm All the ones in the sky directory don't show up in the drop down inside Links.
Only about 30 show up when picking "random sky selection"
So both..? Im not sure we're on the same page here, your answer seems ambiguous to me. I'm asking because I have around 160 skies in my folder, have it set to using a random sky, and have long had a suspicion that the game displays some skies more frequently than others, or possibly even that some skies dont get displayed ever. However, they all show up in the drop-down scroll list within Graphics Settings for me so that doesnt sound like the same thing as you describe...? I've thought of trying to use less skies in the folder at a time and rotate files in and out, for one thing my graphics settings menu works best when I only have a few skies in the folder so there's a decent chance Links has issues with there being too many of them.
When first starting up Links, In the options, graphic settings, random sky selection, it seems all the skies do show up. But inside the game while standing on the 1st tee
& picking menu, preferences, graphic settings, random sky selection, it shows about 30 skies, so it seems some kind of bug exists.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

dick burt wrote: August 18th, 2020, 8:03 pm When first starting up Links, In the options, graphic settings, random sky selection, it seems all the skies do show up. But inside the game while standing on the 1st tee
& picking menu, preferences, graphic settings, random sky selection, it shows about 30 skies, so it seems some kind of bug exists.
I see, must be different issue than mine then because they all show up in the list during play too for me. There is still a chance you may find it solved by having less skies at one time in the folder.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

There was always an issue with changing skies during a round. I seem to remember that if you changed more than a couple of times the list would completely disappear and I think it would crash the game, though I may be wrong about this.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Lez Marwick wrote: August 19th, 2020, 1:26 pm There was always an issue with changing skies during a round. I seem to remember that if you changed more than a couple of times the list would completely disappear and I think it would crash the game, though I may be wrong about this.
Yeah thats exactly what happens to me, and the fewer skies I have in the folder, the more times I can have skies changed during a session of Links before the problem occurs (seprate times opening the graphics settings menu counts too even if not changing anything). With around 160 skies it happens every 3-4 times for me. At one point I think I had around 300 skies and then it happened almost each time.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
jurg48

Post by jurg48 »

Always enjoyed your skies Daniel, and everyone else that has contributed to the Sky project. Reason for this post is to let you know that the above link provided for the additional skies seem to be broken as of March 25 2021. Just came accross this download today or I would have mentioned it earlier. :mad:
jurg48

Post by jurg48 »

Lez Marwick wrote: August 19th, 2020, 1:26 pm There was always an issue with changing skies during a round. I seem to remember that if you changed more than a couple of times the list would completely disappear and I think it would crash the game, though I may be wrong about this.
As you mention Lez, skies can present graphical issues and as you mentioned as well, these usually occurr when displaying a number of different ones during one round. This happened to me one time and not only did my sky listings disappear but so did all my skies. The sky viewing window just turned blank. I assumed it was due to having too many sky files in the folder. I was unable to restore the files by creating a new folder. The way I did remedy the problem was by doing a System Restore proceedure from my last restore point. I now limit my sky folder to no more than 40 files and do not change skies more than once per round. No problems now.