Return of GBVC?

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
mwc0914

Return of GBVC?

Post by mwc0914 »

Been a long time since I have been on these boards. I "wrote" GBVC. It was originally a single tournament app written by Greybeard. I enhanced it to work for a season an a career. It was an early patchwork effort. I am considering revamping it and making it MUCH better.

Without having to change the scoring engine that Greybeard wrote, I need to be able to download player stats for a year by eagles, bridies, pars, bogies, etc for each type of par hole (3,4,5). I do not know where I can get that info. If it is not available, does anyone know a place where I can download in a spreadsheet format player scoring data?
mwc0914

Re: Return of GBVC?

Post by mwc0914 »

Haven't found exactly what I am looking for in the way of stats, but may have found something that will work. In the mean time, I have started some aspects of the new system...a few screenshots first look...
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (33.25 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (93.85 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (55.36 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Wow, I like the looks of it. I've bee using GBVC for ever and like it, but your new one looks great. Is that a stand alone program? It doesn't look like Excel. Do you have any idea when it will be finished? Thanks for what you are doing!!!!!!
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Those are just winows/forms that Excel uses. It will still be Excel based but with more VBA coding behind it rather than depending on formulas on worksheets. I suspect it may be ready early next year. I just now only completed the ability to maintain tour course and tournament databases
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

I probably won't be able to use it. I have ver. 2003 of Excel and won't run some of the new stuff. I'll try it though.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I have 2003 MS Office, too. It's from a time when you could buy the product and not just rent it from MS. :nono:

Pete
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Yea...I found the stats I need to reuse the existing scoring engine.
Now all I have to do is enter the stats for 300 players :scared:
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

If your typing skills were like mine that would take about 3 years.
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

I don't know how to properly use the GBVC, but I did download it and was able to open the files in Open Office, which is completely free and opens all of the file extensions from MS Office (xls, doc, ppt). It has a lot of the same features and functions of Office but will open existing files and allow you to save in the same format. I love Excel and can do most everything in Open Office that I do in Excel, but there are some differences in syntax for formulas and how the items are named in menus. I have never had any issues opening spreadsheets created in Excel with problems with formulas. If you need Office, I would highly recommend it, just disappointed that I can't figure out its database program and I love Access.

Jim Evers