Links Wav Files

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
chad

Links Wav Files

Post by chad »

I've been playing Links for years and over that time collected and created many wav files for the game. I play a lot of Direct Connect rounds and found it easier to communicate with a single file versus typing out full sentences :smile:

If anyone would like to add some new wav files to their Links Wavs folder, here is the link -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/85k9scqh120zy ... S.zip?dl=0

Thanks to Danny for providing a handful of these files :thumbup:
Enjoy and hit 'em straight!

*A few of these files have some language and/or content that some won't appreciate. I recommended deleting files that fall into that category.
Last edited by chad on October 8th, 2021, 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
chad

Re: Links Wav Files

Post by chad »

Two new wav files added to the zipped archive file on June 10, 2020-

cmama.wav
cready.wav

:thumbup:
chad

Post by chad »

I have no idea if Links players like wav files, but I will keep posting them regardless :smile:
I created 11 new wavs today...enjoy!

New files added on June 17, 2020
https://www.dropbox.com/s/85k9scqh120zy ... S.zip?dl=0

babe.wav
bdance2.wav
chance.wav
costello.wav
dmess.wav
gently.wav
hooray.wav
looks.wav
pat.wav
raf.wav
tshot.wav
Last edited by chad on October 8th, 2021, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chad

Post by chad »

Too many new wavs to name ...so I updated the Dropbox link in the first post
:cheers1:
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

Since this is the place for wavs , ive added on my collection :
Links 2000 LS Wavs : https://mega.nz/file/SCYWQAiK#9PACh_JxX ... WQOozqm2aA :tongue:
chad

Post by chad »

umanfly2boot wrote: September 14th, 2020, 9:02 am Since this is the place for wavs , ive added on my collection :
Links 2000 LS Wavs : https://mega.nz/file/SCYWQAiK#9PACh_JxX ... WQOozqm2aA :tongue:
Got 'em, thanks for sharing! :cheers1:
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

I've found that using WAV files during online play causes the game to crash these days unfortunately
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Slattery wrote: October 21st, 2020, 5:27 am I've found that using WAV files during online play causes the game to crash these days unfortunately
Hiya Slats...

A few years ago when I switched over to Windows 7, it created a problem for Grandpa Bruce and I when playing wavs. Every time one of us would play a wav it would knock us off line. I asked about it here on the forums and someone told me we could had to disable them and instead select the "Play Only Local WAV Files". (see photo)

That solved our problem, but created a different one. Here's what we had to do.

We had to make sure that we both had the same exact file NAMES in our wav folders. After that when either of us would type the WAV file name in the chat line, it would play it on both machines. Here's why...

By default, you could type in a WAV file name that resided on your computer, and it would UPLOAD the wav to your partners computer and then play it. That's the part that changed with Windows 7. The upload process would cause the crash.

If you choose "Play Only Local WAV Files", then it will no longer UPLOAD the file. Instead it will send a command to your opponents computer for it to play the WAV locally on his machine. Because of this, you must know exactly what the name of his WAV files are in order for them to play on his machine. Even if you don't have the same file name on your computer, typing in the correct file names that he has will send the command to his machine and play it on his end.

Bottom line is, you both must have the exact same WAV file names to be able to play them on each others machine, and the option to play only locals must be selected.

I'm not sure if Windows 10 has the same issue, so I can't speak on that. But test it with your pard and see if it solves your problem...

Good luck,

Dan
WAVS.jpg
WAVS.jpg (216.89 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
chad

Post by chad »

Correct Danny. I've been playing Links for many years with a friend of mine across state. He and I both have the same WAVs and select to play all files locally. There have been no issues since that change was made. And, it's easier on the direct connection bandwidth as well.
chad

Post by chad »

Today I updated the Links Wavs link in the first post to include new wavs I've created as of late. Many BD wavs (birdie dance) and others. The shia.wav and fallon.wav files have some good comedic value :laugh: