Backwards anis

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
bostonlefty

Backwards anis

Post by bostonlefty »

Hey I appreciate all the great add on stuff offered - but here's a question:

I use several of the "College Team" anis - and I play lefthanded as an ani

This causes all the wording and logos (less noticeable) to be backwards/mirror image on the player.

I'm always amazed at all the technical fixes offered here, so figure I'd ask for possible solutions.

Thx
Boston Lefty
Danny D

Re: Backwards anis

Post by Danny D »

bostonlefty wrote: May 30th, 2020, 8:25 pm Hey I appreciate all the great add on stuff offered - but here's a question:

I use several of the "College Team" anis - and I play lefthanded as an ani

This causes all the wording and logos (less noticeable) to be backwards/mirror image on the player.

I'm always amazed at all the technical fixes offered here, so figure I'd ask for possible solutions.

Thx
Boston Lefty
Simple solution and can be solved using the ANI Editor called the "Golfer Utility". It's a matter of how you apply the graphics to the articles of clothing. Have you ever used the "GOLFER UTILITY" program to edit your own ANI ?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
bostonlefty

Post by bostonlefty »

Dan

I've found Golfer Utility on the Links Country Club site - and the download - and tutorial

I never gotten involved with this previously
- do I need a Graphics Editing program?
- would a free Graphics Editing program be sufficient?

Thx for response
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

bostonlefty wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:06 pm Dan

I've found Golfer Utility on the Links Country Club site - and the download - and tutorial

I never gotten involved with this previously
- do I need a Graphics Editing program?
- would a free Graphics Editing program be sufficient?

Thx for response
You would need a simple graphics program capable of editing TGA files. I think what you want to do is a simple matter of reversing, or mirroring your clothing that has text on it. I've never seen those utility instructions or tutorials, but I assume it mentions that when you create clothing and add it to your ANI, it must be saved reversed or mirrored. I can give you a copy of Photoshop CS2 if you like. If you have never used it before, it can be a little complicated and intimidating. But it can do as much or more than you would ever need. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials to help you out with it. Just say the word and I'll send you a copy...

Cheers.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I had this problem several years back and I think it's a simple fix, but it's been a long time.
Go to "Golfer Settings" under "Options". In the "Golfer Level of Detail" you have two choices, High and Low. Whatever it's set at now, change to the opposite.
I hope I remember correctly so as not to waste your time.
No matter where you go, there you are.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

bostonlefty wrote: May 30th, 2020, 8:25 pm I use several of the "College Team" anis - and I play lefthanded as an ani
Boston Lefty
Where did you find your college anis? I used to have some Ohio State shirts for Links, But through the years and different pc's, they are nowhere to be found. That's where I discovered the same issue you're having.
No matter where you go, there you are.
bostonlefty

Post by bostonlefty »

I think I'll hold on asking for a graphics program, get a free version online if I get more motivated. I went through the Golfer Utility download and it seems a little confusing for me.

Tried switching from high to low on "Golfer" within Links. It did reverse the NFL ani I have, although it made the back of the shirt the front and front back. So while now readable, not exactly correct. The switch did nothing for the College Team anis

The Big Ten Hockey logos are at: http://www.teeshots-place.uk/animations.html

found this site through the Links Facebook page

A Penn State fan working with a Buckeye fan, maybe we all can get along