I Figured It Out...New Player Anis Coming

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Big Sexy JC

Re: I Figured It Out...New Player Anis Coming

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Hunter Mahan has been uploaded. I wanted to try my hand at a mullet and red/ginger hair so Hunter Mahan fit the criteria. He also is wearing Oakley sunglasses so that was a new adventure as well. Not the most well known golfer, but has been the most fun to make so far.

Ron,

What you are seeing is correct. It's a layered look like a lot of the golfers do in colder weather. There are 2 options for sleeves. 1 has multiple skins and you can create different sleeves for each skin. Unfortunately, the only golfer that I can swap faces out on (the others are locked :rant: ) is one with only one skin so in order to do sleeves I had to go with option 2, which is give the golfer one set of sleeves that "goes with"' all of the pant and shirt options. I purposely chose Justin Rose for this because he goes with that look a lot if you look him up on Getty Images.
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

It is great news that some new Links ani's are now available and I was wondering if the ani's also come with their own clubs too and golfer photo? :thumbup:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

1Putt,

I just uploaded 1360 golfer pics so you can just open that folder up and find the pic you need for any golfer I create. As for clubs, I haven't even opened the club changing can of worms yet. I have about 165 golfers to make (and counting) so I'm gonna knock those out before I dive into clubs.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Rory Sabbatini added tonight. A couple of new tricks used for this ani. I was able to put sunglasses on him, but you can still see his eyes. I noticed in some of his getty images pics he had sunglasses on that were light enough that you could still see his eyes, so I gave it a whirl and it worked. I also am able to create my own shoes now, so Rory is fully decked out in 4 different New Balance golf shoes.

I made slight changes to Hunter Mahan and DJ too. Mahan has all Under Armour golf shoes and DJ has all Nike golf shoes. I'm learning stuff with each one I make so maybe by the time I do 100 or so of them I'll officially be an "Animaster".
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Big Sexy JC wrote: February 1st, 2023, 3:07 am 1Putt,

I just uploaded 1360 golfer pics so you can just open that folder up and find the pic you need for any golfer I create. As for clubs, I haven't even opened the club changing can of worms yet. I have about 165 golfers to make (and counting) so I'm gonna knock those out before I dive into clubs.
Okay, I think it is really cool that someone like yourself is attempting to improve the play and enjoyment of Links by creating several new golfer ani's! :thumbup:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Excellent Vijay Singh golfer model. You are breathing new life in these ani s. Best golf game on planet at the moment and this adds to it longevity. Thank you! :yes:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Also just added Vijay Singh in a visor. I wanted to do Vijay for a couple of reasons. I wanted to attempt doing a bald player with a visor and I wanted to see how well I could blend his darker pigment with the light pigment of my source file. I think the blending turned out really well with the exception of around the ears, but it's pretty hard to tell unless you really try to notice it.

The bald and visor attempt, however, was a massive failure. Everything worked as planned EXCEPT it made Vijay's bald head sticking out of the visor look like he had an external brain tumor. The only way to clean it up was to add some hair so that's what I went with for the final version.

Also added the black Tiger Woods golf cleats to the mix.

Zach Johnson has been added. Nothing special about the Johnson one except for it's my favorite apparel set. Spent a lot of time on getty images trying to piece everything together. Also, notice his full array of Air Jordan golf shoes.
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Thank you for your efforts in this! :thumbup: Looking forward to further developments.
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Big Sexy JC wrote: February 1st, 2023, 3:07 am 1Putt,

Big Sexy JC, Just curious, but where would I find the golfer pics for the new golfer anis you just created?

1PuttJeff
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

1Putt,

It's in the same folder as the player ani files. Its a folder called Player Photos 2021. Each file is labeled with the player's name.