I Figured It Out...New Player Anis Coming

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
morvio100

Re: I Figured It Out...New Player Anis Coming

Post by morvio100 »

...."Tiger will follow Webb..... :notworthy: .... :whistle: :tiphat: :thumbup:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Finished Webb Simpson tonight and then knocked out Tiger Woods while I was at it. Both have been uploaded and are available to download.

I've also gone back and fixed several early anis that I did early on to apply some things I've learned to make them look better. Dustin Johnson, Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, Aaron Baddeley and Bo Van Pelt should all have better versions out there now.

As for Tiger, I used the 2013 version and went all out by custom designing all of his shirts and hats. Every shirt was made from Getty Images pics of him from 2013 so you can check those pics out to see how they line up. He also has 4 different pairs of TW shoes. Enjoy!! It was fun making this one for sure.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Big Sexy JC: Please pardon me for having a couple more questions and comments on the new Ani's. Are you able to adjust or make any changes to both the players swing ( speed, finish, etc. ) or pre-hit waggle ? Sometimes I can't catch any differences, if there are any. Also, in regards to Steve Stricker ( a favorite, and fellow Wisconsinite ), IRL he doesn't have a lot of hair, and it's a light blondish-brown which is trimmed very short in the back, ( i.e. , it's not jet black as shown in your Ani.) I know this is getting pretty "picky", but let's face it....your goal in creating all these new players is to have them look and play as much as their real counterparts, right ? If anyone else out there thinks I'm going overboard, I apologize. Just sayin' . And also, JC , thanks for making changes to some of the ones that were already released, that shows your integrity.

Ron
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

I for one am thankful for the new ani or updates on existing ones. Wonderful - love your work. Great work on Jon Rahm ani. Thank You! :tiphat:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Big Sexy JC wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:32 pm Finished Webb Simpson tonight and then knocked out Tiger Woods while I was at it. Both have been uploaded and are available to download.

I've also gone back and fixed several early anis that I did early on to apply some things I've learned to make them look better. Dustin Johnson, Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, Aaron Baddeley and Bo Van Pelt should all have better versions out there now.

As for Tiger, I used the 2013 version and went all out by custom designing all of his shirts and hats. Every shirt was made from Getty Images pics of him from 2013 so you can check those pics out to see how they line up. He also has 4 different pairs of TW shoes. Enjoy!! It was fun making this one for sure.
Yet another great function made available for this old golf sim. Very nice job figuring it all out and creating those new players. :clapping: :notworthy:

Long live the Links community and the fantastic golf sim called "Links". :yes: :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
fiver

Post by fiver »

Big Sexy,
I was playing with Van Pelt. His skin seems to be very pale. No elbow detail. Other ones look very good. Thanks! :cheers1:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Big update tonight. Instead of creating any new anis I went through every single one that I've made and enhanced their faces. All of the wrong skin tones or wrong hair color or flaws that I saw in any of them has been corrected. I'm not saying any of them are perfect animaster material yet, but since I figured this all out about a week ago I like where they are at. All the new versions can be downloaded. Feel free to give me feedback on any of them. I want them to be really good, so feedback will help that cause. You can't hurt my feelings. Big Sexy JC might be big and sexy, but he's not sensitive.

Ron,

Unfortunately I am very limited with the swing models I can work with. If the creators of so many of the original anis hadn't locked them (it's maddening) I would have so much more freedom to pick different swing models to build an ani onto. I don't want to bore everyone with a bunch of technical stuff, but essentially the game has different "models" of golfers. M01s don't have hats, D01s wear a visor, M03s are upgraded M01s and don't have hats either, M02s wear shorts only and S01s wear a hat. I could make M01s, M03s and M02s for days. I have tons of face options and swing options, but I don't have interest in making anis without hats or without long pants so I chose not to go with those options.

I'm exclusively using D01s and S01s to create the new anis because they both have long pants and some form of a hat. The problem with that is that there is a single model from S01 (Nick Price) that had a face that was unlocked that I could work with. On the D01 side the only model was Darren Clarke. That's it, so if I create a new ani with a hat it was created from the Nick Price source swing and one with a visor was created from the Darren Clarke source swing.

The creator of the Nick Price ani limited it to 6 pants, 6 shirts, 4 shoes, 4 hats, 1 face and 1 skin set. I can't modify that, so every ani I make using an S01 will have those same limitations/configuration. The D01s are worse in that they have 4 pants, 3 shirts, 1 shoe, 1 face and 1 skin set (can't change the visor).

I'm trying to make the most of the limitations I'm working with, but there certainly are limitations.

I'm going to be doing some maintenance type things over the next few days to make the process of creating these simpler/smoother, but after I knock that out I'll get started on some of the 1980s ones.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

JC,
I appreciate the time you've taken to explain the more technical aspects of creating these new Anis. You're "forced" to deal with some limited choices and resources in order to make these guys believable. I have more of an appreciation of what it takes now , and understand you don't just have "carte blanche", to come up with anything you want. I'll be downloading a few more, both new and some modified ones I have to see the changes.
Thanks for all your work so far, it can't be easy.

Ron
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Great to hear you have many types of faces to work with and those anis will have a hat or visor and long pants. I am the same - have little interest in a player with no hat or wears shorts. Really great what you are doing - have fun along the way and take your time. Thanks. :smile:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Ok. Here's the list of the anis currently in progress. For almost all of the "old" guys I'm going to put them in hats even though most during that time period played without hats. Some of them played in visors, and if that's the case, I'm putting them in a visor instead of a hat. I will admit that I'm not going to spend a ton of time on apparel with the older players. I will probably put a few stock sets together and call it a day.

2014 Season
Jason Day
Charl Schwartzel
Ryan Palmer
Jimmy Walker
Brendon Todd
Justin Leonard

1984 Season
Mark O'Meara
Tom Kite (Visor)
Hal Sutton
Peter Jacobsen (Visor)