LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
mwc0914

Re: LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Post by mwc0914 »

cloeks1 wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 4:18 am I just created a non fedex tour. Before hitting play the tour I edited the 3M Open and made it none under fedex. I then hit play tour and selected PGA tour and hit build season. I get a message saying there are no qualifying tournaments. I hit ok and get tournament database with nothing listed. I then cancel out which sends me back to where I can update tournaments which sends me back to tournament database where I can update 3M Open.The fedex cup type says tour. I dont edit it but just save it. I then initialize season and the 3M Open is there along with any other tour I update. After that if I quit and go back to the main menu and open tournaments there thw 3m open still says none in fedex box.
OK, I see the confusion...Updating course and tournaments from the main screen updates the LVT database. After you make an update here, any tour you create will contain the updates. You created your tour before making the updates, so the tour was created with the 3M still as a Fedex Cup tournament for a non-Fedex Cup tour, thus it did not show up as a valid PGA tournament for your tour. When you play your tour, then update a course or tournament, the updates occur for only within that tour, thus then 3M became a non Fedex Cup tournament and showed up as a valid tournament for you tour.

However, I did find a bug with course updates I am fixing. For tournaments already having a course assigned to them, if you then delete the course, the tournament still thinks the course exists. I need to update to not allow deleting the course if a tournament has the course assigned to it.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

I understand now. After doing this I deleted my tour and made a new one and all my changes were there. Thanks again.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Hey cloeks1,......How are you getting on with adding courses to the database ??... as in does the course have to entered exactly the same as it is listed in Links2k3 course list in the game...(as in the exact spelling ..upper/lower case etc
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

The name doesn't really matter, the important part is the hole pars are correct. When I entered East Lake Golf Club I just put it in as East Lake. I'm not entering a lot of courses and tournaments cause I'll have to do it all over again when Mike does the final version. I'm doing them as I need them. This is a good time to get familiar with it and try things out.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Hey Mike, if I make a tour and just before initializing click on Tour Past exempt Winner i get a run time error 424: object required. I never plan on using this but thought I'd let you know.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Thanks...I fixed it
The next release will include updating the roster
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Mike, a couple of small changes I'd like to see.
1. A way to save the game default game setting with my values.
2. Where I enter my scores, I'd like to see the background colors for birdies, bogies etc.
Thanks
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Can do on score entry I think...depends if a textbox can have a background color.
On the other can u clariyfy? There is a tour setting option for values for the whole tour, and I plan to update to retain the tournament setting for the next season so you only have to make any modifications you want
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

I almost always use the same game settings when I set up a tour. They aren't the default that you have. Every time I set up a tour I have to remember the settings I like and set them up. If i could change your default settings to what I like I wouldn't have to remember my settings cause they would be the default settings.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Sorry...don't think I am still following.
Do you mean the values in the tour settings? If so, you can update those from the Update tour settings screen.