LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
morvio100

LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Post by morvio100 »

I have the GBVC up and running without issue in excel 2019/2021 without issue, I haven't had time to look into the instructions of how to start a virtual career with as yet(GBVC), quick question what is the benefit of using these Add Ons as opposed to the standard Links 2k3 career mode in-game ??, neither the GBVC or LVT are exactly simple/or intuitive to use But at least the GBVC loads !, keep getting the " runtime error 9 subscript out of range " with the LVT, Im also getting "not a valid tour name " repeatedly when trying to crate a tour(LVT), thought the LVT was supposed to have been bug tested.... :wallbash:
cloeks1

Re: LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Post by cloeks1 »

I've used the Links career mode and GBVC for years. GBVC gets much more realistic results and stats. The only reason to use Links career is, you don't have to enter your scores. I was really looking forward to LVT. GBVC is a pain to set up but works well for me.
Since I'm using Excel 2010 and you a newer version and we are getting the same errors, I'm now not sure if upgrading Excel will fix my problem. I hope more people try LVT so we can learn more on what's causing the problems. I'm no expert in Excel and maybe there are Linksters out there who are and can help.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

What is the tour name you are trying to use?
It appears the issue is perhaps some invalid characters or length of the tour name.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Just to let you know, I never got the tour name error, just the error 9 subscript out of range.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

When you get the error, if you click on debug, it will take you to the error line in yellow.
Hover your cursor over workbookname. What does it say?
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

It says (aaa Tour) which is what I named tour. On the bottom of the main worksheet there is a message (select destination and press enter or choose paste. Looks like it's trying to paste the top row with header. If I hit enter I can paste it.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

If you are using an older version of Excel, this appears to be related to turning off the screenupdating.
I turned off screenupdating in places so it would run faster and not flicker when it is going back and forth between workbooks.
Looks like older Excel does not like this. If you want you can go search for Application.ScreenUpdating = False
through the modules and delete the lines, then save the program. Looks like it occurs in 13 different places.

It may make LVT run slower in some places.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Sent you a PM with the debug error mwc0914....using excel 2021.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Deleted all, but no change.
jmk59

Post by jmk59 »

Mike,

at the position of the error, the Macro calling the "Tour workbook" isn't picking up on the ".csv" file extension.

My addition progressed it farther:

Sheets.Add(After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)).Name = "Roster"
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("pgaroster").Range("A1:ac1").Copy
Workbooks(workbookname & ".csv").Sheets("Roster").Range("A1:ac1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues 'original fails here :oops:
Workbooks(workbookname & ".csv").Sheets("Roster").Range("AD1").Value = "Qualify Pct"
Workbooks(workbookname & ".csv").Sheets("Roster").Range("AE1").Value = "Qualify"
Workbooks(workbookname & ".csv").Sheets("Roster").Range("AF1").Value = "Group"
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("pgaroster").Range("Ad1:de1").Copy
Workbooks(workbookname & ".csv").Sheets("Roster").Range("Ag1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

' add human to roster
Workbooks(workbookname).Sheets("Roster").Range("A2").Value = textbox_golfer_first_name.Value 'fails here now :oops:

John