LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
jmk59

Re: LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Post by jmk59 »

cloeks1,

I think that yours's is working. The Roster is set, now you need to populate it with tournaments.

I have a reference EXCEL that I use with my Career code. It has much of the needed info. to setup a season. Included below.
Schedules - FEDEX Cup1.xlsx
(3.8 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Thanks. I'm going to watch Mike's video again to make sure I don't miss anything.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

I have updated the code to get rid of all Pastescpecials. I replaced it with coding like SourceRange.Copy DestinationRange.
It works on my laptop, hopefully yours too. I will make another release later this week probably that addresses these issues.
I don't think I can address the issue with older Excel versions and application.screenupdating. If I turned that off, then everyone's LVT will run slower and flicker.
jmk59

Post by jmk59 »

Mike,

The application.screenupdating works back through EXCEL2007, so I don't think that will be an issue.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

One of the first things you need to do even before creating a tour is update the course database and tournament database, so that you have a complete list of what you want. Most courses do not have a course assigned to them bec each person may want to use a different course. Of course then, a tournament will not show up in the schedule list because it does not have a valid course assigned to it.

Once you get your course and tournament database set, then create your tour.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

I have to create a tour then edit tournaments before they show up to add to my tour. If I edit them before then they wont show up when setting up tour. Once I get them to show up and add them to the tour I hit save tour and get the error 9 and I can't go on.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

After getting out of LVT I went to the directory where the LVT is loaded and noticed it created a .csv file for the tour I made. I tried to load it and got a message that it wasn't in the proper format but do I want to load it anyway. Could this be part of my problem?
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

I dont believe so. LVT creates a folder for the tour you created. Within that folder will be csv files for the tour and for each season. There is also a copy of LVT with the tour name attached. It is the xlsm file.

When u run LVT always start with the version u downloaded into the original folder, not the version with thw tour name attached
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Quick question Mike...when you want to add a course from your Links directory you have zero way to validate whether the name your have it listed in your Links directory will be accepted in the excel sheet

also getting runtime 9 when trying to save a season..(would be very helpful if you could auto direct the sheet to your Links course dir and add the courses that way...also when manually adding/assigning course to a particular tourney ..be helpful if you could mouse/copy/paste the name into the 3 remaining boxes or have an autofill tick box the other 3 entry boxes..and use the mouse scroll wheel to scoot the the list having to use the sidebar is cumbersome)
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

morvio100 wrote: July 18th, 2022, 2:02 pm Quick question Mike...when you want to add a course from your Links directory you have zero way to validate whether the name your have it listed in your Links directory will be accepted in the excel sheet

also getting runtime 9 when trying to save a season..(would be very helpful if you could auto direct the sheet to your Links course dir and add the courses that way...also when manually adding/assigning course to a particular tourney ..be helpful if you could mouse/copy/paste the name into the 3 remaining boxes or have an autofill tick box the other 3 entry boxes..and use the mouse scroll wheel to scoot the the list having to use the sidebar is cumbersome)
It is above my knowledge level to import your course info from your Links directory. Only thing I could get from there is the course name, which you can just add when you are entering your LVT courses anyway.

Also cannot program using mouse wheel. That gets into Windows operating system programming. I know it is cumbersome. I looked for ways to use the wheel, but VBA programming does not support it.