LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
morvio100

Re: LVT - Add On - Not Loading Rosters

Post by morvio100 »

think ill let you update the code mike...you the coding maestro !...time to hit some punch drives on St Annes Royal Lytham, !! best of luck with update , incidentally be fantastic if somehow when selecting courses and compiling a tour the sheet loaded the splash screens for courses that have splashs embedded in the crz..... :thumbup:
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Thanks. I updated so the code picks up the .csv in the name.
Looks like the same problem exists on your latest abend - not picking up the .csv.
You will need to add it everywhere there is Workbooks(workbookname).
jmk59

Post by jmk59 »

I think this affects quite a few people.

You should be the version control master (please), since I don't play LINK2003 anymore.

I've been working on something similar for the Perfect Golf platform, but my coding skills are nowhere as good as yours.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

morvio100 wrote: July 16th, 2022, 2:07 pm I have the GBVC up and running without issue in excel 2019/2021 without issue, I haven't had time to look into the instructions of how to start a virtual career with as yet(GBVC), quick question what is the benefit of using these Add Ons as opposed to the standard Links 2k3 career mode in-game ??, neither the GBVC or LVT are exactly simple/or intuitive to use But at least the GBVC loads !, keep getting the " runtime error 9 subscript out of range " with the LVT, Im also getting "not a valid tour name " repeatedly when trying to crate a tour(LVT), thought the LVT was supposed to have been bug tested.... :wallbash:

What is the Tour name you are trying to use?
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Doesn't matter what name I put in....avoided using numbers...seemed to happen "after"..the failed initial tour creation attempt...ie..you get the otta range runtime 9, shout down excel via task manger...when toy try to close page will prompt you to close via the exit button,,,no exit button as the page "roster page doesn't load" thus no ui exit buttion...ya restart excel and "then" you get "not a suitable tour name " repeatedly, loaded a failed created tour page and got the runtime 1004 yesterday, havent tried it today Mike...I would imagine ..once you eliminate the runtime 9 error..it will work
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Might be best bet to re_release what you have to date with all instances of "pastevalues" removed...I replaced those 2 lines in the roster in both instances, and changed the value ranges as suggested, but it just highlighted the the qualify pct line..best just re- release it I reckon, best of luck :thumbup:
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Hey Morvio, did you try unzipping the files again and see if that clears the tour name issue?
If you unhide the 1st round worksheet it will give you a way to close out.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

did you get it to work cloeks1 ??....cant see how unziping the files again would make difference...mike has given no indication as to whether the original dl;d has been updated as yet...think Ill hold till then...you still getting that runtime error 9 ??
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

I still get the error but have never had problem with tour name. If you locked up and didn't shut down clean maybe it corrupted the program and caused the tour name problem.
jmk59

Post by jmk59 »

cloeks1, morvio100,

I've fixed the issue with my version to make it work, but I don't want to post it here.

This is Mike's baby to fix & re-issue.

Is there a way I can PM you two and pass a copy of my fix? It will at least let you get an idea of his brilliant code.

John