The Sea Island Course Mystery ......sort of :(

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
umanfly2boot

The Sea Island Course Mystery ......sort of :(

Post by umanfly2boot »

There are Three ( 3 ) Courses listed on the Course Data Base .
1. Sea Island Golf Club -Microsoft - Sea_isla.crz
2. Sea Island Golf Club (2000) -Microsoft - Csea_isl.crz
3.Sea Island Golf Club (MSGolf) - Microsoft - MSsea_is.crz

The Last one is purchasable at the https://www.linkscountryclub.com/ , Or rather it goes directly to the Commerce online store .
Problem is it gives you ( after purchase ) ... The Wrong Course . Its not ( MSsea_is.crz ) , But Rather ( Sea_isla.crz ) :oops: .

I realize that there maybe no distinction between the courses. But that's not my point here .

I simply want what i purchased ( MSsea_is.crz ) . How does this get corrected ?

This has cropped up before in older forum discussions as i research .

The Problem is ( MSsea_is.crz ) does not exist ., Rather it is originally a crx file. ( MSsea_is.crx ) by Microsoft for either for ( MS Golf 2.0 - OR 3.0 )

Yet i have not come across any release of those games with a course of ( MSsea_is.crx ) .

Does anyone have an old floppy with ( MSsea_is.crx ) on it . ? Or at least enlighten me on this discussion with ideas i havent yet attained. :surrender:
Last edited by umanfly2boot on October 13th, 2019, 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Nemo

Re: Sea Island Course Discrimination ......sort of :(

Post by Captain Nemo »

I may be mistaken, but even though they all use a .crz format you would need The MSGolf Game to play that particular version of the course. MSGolf wasn't part of the Links series. Links LS 1998 and Links 2000 courses can be converted to run in 2001 & 2003, but I think MSGolf was sort of the odd man out.
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Pete Lon

Re: The Sea Island Course Mystery ......sort of :(

Post by Pete Lon »

I had all the MS Golf 3 courses in my Links 2K1 and 2K3 course folder on my old desktop computer. I had MS Golf 3 and converted them using the course converter. As far as i can remember they played OK. I might still have them on a disk somewhere as CRZ files but not sure. Will see if i can find them. No Promises though.

Pete Lon
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

So the Final answer is True ... that there are actually 3 Courses for Sea Island to Play in a .crz format .
1.2001 Sea Island Golf Club (MSGolf)
2.2001 Sea Island Golf Club (2000)
3.2001 Sea Island Golf Club
And if you run into the situation that i did of Buying (MSGolf) and getting another course , please let me know ! :cheers1:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I have MSsea_is.crz on my hard drive so I know it exists.Am I allowed to share it Andy or not. :helpsmilie:
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Daniel wrote: July 13th, 2020, 12:12 pm I have MSsea_is.crz on my hard drive so I know it exists.Am I allowed to share it Andy or not. :helpsmilie:
If you want to share it via Dropbox or whatever in a PM that's up to you. I won't host the file though just in case. :fear:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Thank you Andy I will use my own judgement.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

umanfly2boot you have a PM, enjoy.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Well you had your chance.It is no longer available.Sometimes wonder why I bother.
themofoman

Post by themofoman »

Is there any place to get Sea Island Golf Course?

Thanks