LVT Upgrade thoughts

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
mwc0914

LVT Upgrade thoughts

Post by mwc0914 »

LVT is ready to be released this weekend. However, the player rosters are limited to what I have included.
I could add a feature to let you add, modify, and delete players from the rosters used in the program, but this would delay the release probably about a month.

Thoughts on whether LVT should include the player roster update feature?
chsmcp

Re: LVT Upgrade thoughts

Post by chsmcp »

I have seen the LVT video update recently on YT and it is really a nice addition to a career management and very well explained in all its features. In my opinion adding this additional feature will improve it even more! Especially for future updates that need to address not only corses but also player rosters. :clapping: :cheers1: :thumbup:
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

More than willing to wait for a player roster option. Thanks for the amazing work so far! :thumbup:
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Can you release it now and do a update or new version in a month or two? I've been waiting over a year since I heard of this and am really getting anxious. Also if there are any bugs we could help find them.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Best way to get the bugs out is to let folks get their hands on it!

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I would very much like the ability to add and edit players in the roster :smile:

I just watched the latest tutorial and the scoring engine video, looks really nice. I understand that it would be a lot to ask for anything more from the whole thing (especially since Im guessing the beta is meant to be over by now), so I really hope I dont come across as if I am, but some questions of mine popped up whether anything for the following features exist - without them being mentioned in the videos (guessing not, but still wanted to ask):

-Is there any way to save the difficulty/balance modifiers/settings in Set Round Conditions per course and conditions?

-Is there any function for diminishing large leads by a single AI player? (Similar to how "Pressure" works in Links' own Career Mode).

-Is there any function for diminishing rare, extremely low 18-hole AI scores? Like a lower cap or soft cap.

-Is it possible to make certain players score slightly better or worse for certain courses or conditions?

-Is there any way to input the scores of one player in addition to yourself? For example, if wanting either an AI golfer within Links itself, or else a Linkster friend, to participate in the same Tour.

Also, one very important thing to me to know is whether the AI scores are based in relation to course par or total amount of strokes. From the scoring engine video, it seems like it is probably purely based on the course par, but I was wondering if that could be officially confirmed? For example, if assuming the difficulty/balance and conditions are kept the same, on a course with par 69, the roster will score on average 4 total amount of strokes per 18 holes lower than on a par 73 course, right?

Thank you for doing the whole thing :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

In response to Adelade -

-Is there any way to save the difficulty/balance modifiers/settings in Set Round Conditions per course and conditions?
Are you asking if the tournament and round conditions can be saved so they can be reused for the tournament in the following seasons?

-Is there any function for diminishing large leads by a single AI player? (Similar to how "Pressure" works in Links' own Career Mode).
No function planned for this. I do not know where I can get a number to quantify each player's reaction to lead pressure.

-Is there any function for diminishing rare, extremely low 18-hole AI scores? Like a lower cap or soft cap.
No function for this. The scoring is directly affected by the conditions and difficulty settings.

-Is it possible to make certain players score slightly better or worse for certain courses or conditions?
No function on this. I do not know where I can get players' data on how they do under each condition/course.

-Is there any way to input the scores of one player in addition to yourself? For example, if wanting either an AI golfer within Links itself, or else a Linkster friend, to participate in the same Tour.
A second manual entry of scores is not planned.

Also, one very important thing to me to know is whether the AI scores are based in relation to course par or total amount of strokes. From the scoring engine video, it seems like it is probably purely based on the course par, but I was wondering if that could be officially confirmed? For example, if assuming the difficulty/balance and conditions are kept the same, on a course with par 69, the roster will score on average 4 total amount of strokes per 18 holes lower than on a par 73 course, right?
A player's score per hole is based upon their player data of getting a certain score on a type par hole regardless what the course par is.
For example, say all hole/course conditions are the same, and the player data has the player having a 30% chance of getting a par on a par3 hole. He has this same chance for par on all par 3 holes, regardless of the course par.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

I think what I will do is release this weekend what I have now. If you want this version, you can download it and get your hands dirty.
I will continue to modify LVT to allow roster updates and possibly save tournament conditions for later use. When that version is ready you can download it. However, if you download the current version then want the later version, you will not be able to use the newer version with any tours already underway as data is saved on worksheets contained within LVT. You could save the newer version in another folder and play two tours, or delete the old LVT and files and start over with the newer one.

Also, do not rename the Excel files to some other name. LVT is looking for these specific names. If you rename, it will not work properly.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Thank you for the confirmations :smile:

For "leader-pressure" - I was moreso thinking a singular value for all players being good enough (or else that the users themselves could customize them how they want per player, rather than you having to come up with such numbers), but I dont mean to argue and I understand that it might be tricky to program either way, just explaining how I thought about it.

About players being better or worse suited for certain courses - I didnt mean that as something you'd have to come up with, but rather an optional user-customization, in that case.
mwc0914 wrote: July 12th, 2022, 2:35 pmAre you asking if the tournament and round conditions can be saved so they can be reused for the tournament in the following seasons?
Not necessarily linked into specific tournaments (because it would be pretty dull to have to use the exact same conditions each season), but more like if they (and Im mostly thinking about the "Advanced Options" balance numbers with % of adding or deducting strokes per hole) can be remembered by the program for certain conditions, and thus be automatically generated by the program in the future for all tournaments going forward where a round with such conditions are used. I was also wondering if the hole difficulties per hole will be remembered for each course, or whether they will have to be set anew for each round on that specific course.

A player's score per hole is based upon their player data of getting a certain score on a type par hole regardless what the course par is.
For example, say all hole/course conditions are the same, and the player data has the player having a 30% chance of getting a par on a par3 hole. He has this same chance for par on all par 3 holes, regardless of the course par.
I believe I must interpret that as a yes to my question. I mostly wanted to make sure there were no other variables under the hood (like there for example seemed to be about DQs and Withdraws)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

I like the idea of a pressure factor. I'll see what I can come up with. I'm thinking along the lines of Majors and the bigger tournaments having more pressure, later rounds more pressure than early rounds, higher WGR ranked players handle it better than lower ranked..ideas?

Remembering conditions/percentage combinations would be kind of difficult, but I can have it remember the tournament/round conditions from the previous season so you don't have reenter everything, and only make some adjustments.