CM & Roster Tutorial missing pictures

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
chsmcp

CM & Roster Tutorial missing pictures

Post by chsmcp »

Hi all, I would like to see the pictures that are no longer available into CM & Roster Tutorial, to understand how to create a realistic roster into links 2003's carreer. Can someone retrieve them? Kind regards
Adelade

Re: CM & Roster Tutorial missing pictures

Post by Adelade »

The pictures are probably gone forever, but I made my own roster mostly based on that guide back when the pictures were available, and I have since then also tweaked my roster back and forth a lot to get the results I want, so if you have specific questions I will probably be able to give you answers.

Either way, I can give a summary of what I think is best in order to get realistic roster scores:

I only use the 3 middle settings of "difficulty" in my seasons, easier setting for harder courses and harder setting for easier courses, I end up with tournament winners after 4 rounds being between -7 and -32.

I have my (Pro) roster set with the top 100 players with their Target set from 65 to 68 , and players 100-200 with Target 68 to 72 (but I think squeezing the 100-200 together a bit more to 68-69 would be better). I've started using around 180 players per tournament because I think it squeezes the field together better than if using smaller fields)

My whole roster is set to Var 5 (that one is fairly important, if you ask me) and all having Confidence as Normal.

Like the guide states, none of my Length values are over 40, they're a random mix between 10-39.

Edit All Modifiers are very important too, below is a picture of mine. The same logic as the guide states is applied for the confidence ones.

download/file.php?id=96&sid=82448c000d3 ... 584cf03a2a

(the confidence ones could be set closer to 0 and instead having the roster's Target values a few numbers higher instead, but either way works, they just ended up like that for me since the Edit All Modifiers are much faster and easier to tweak than the whole roster)

Set the green firmness and speed ones to what you want, I have suspicions that they dont work properly, but dont make them too far from 0, and try for their average to be around 0.

P.S. Some good things to keep in mind if new to Career Mode:
-You have to start a new Career (new player), for any roster edits to work.
-You have to win at least once in a Pro level tournament in order to be eligible at all for Invitiational Tournaments (only per Career, not each Season).
-Get the Career Mode Fix at https://www.linkscountryclub.com/links-2003-v107
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
chsmcp

Re: CM & Roster Tutorial missing pictures

Post by chsmcp »

Many thanks for your reply Adelaide. Highly appreciated!