LVT Windows requirement

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
mwc0914

LVT Windows requirement

Post by mwc0914 »

Looks like in order to run Links Virtual Tour, you will need to have Windows 10 installed on your PC.
It does not appear to be compatible with Windows 7 (or earlier versions).
Jimbo

Re: LVT Windows requirement

Post by Jimbo »

Guess that,s one less nit to pick...
:wallbash: :fear: :rant: :rant:
AdamL

Post by AdamL »

O'....bugger, shame it is not like Links backwards compatible :scared:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Maybe I'm getting old but I could swear that I saw an almost identical program with the same screenshots a few years ago.

Am I crazy (at least as far as this subject is concerned)?
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

To make it backwards compatible, it would have to be developed on an older operating system.
I do not have an older operating system.
AdamL

Post by AdamL »

Not Nit picking, that job belongs to another...

Could test in a virtual machine however...especially if you have new kit. :smile:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

mwc0914 wrote: February 25th, 2022, 12:41 am To make it backwards compatible, it would have to be developed on an older operating system.
I do not have an older operating system.
I'm confused. You said you were going to make a copy of the Excel file for me with the .XLS extension so I can open it with my Office 2003 - but then you didn't. I have sent you two PM's, but you haven't opened them. I realize there may be limitations imposed by using the .XLS extension, but I'm willing to live with them. I'm a retired Programmer/Analyst, and I would like to see your setup. I'm guessing that you're not the kind of person who would insist that I go buy a new version of Microsoft Office just so I can look at your Excel file! I've been using Excel 2003 since... 2003! :dunno:

Oh, and I use Windows 10.

Pete
Last edited by pmgolf on March 1st, 2022, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Pete,

I sent you PM. I updated the program to create .csv files, so the program should work for both older and newer versions of Excel. I replaced the version in the dropbox link. I am running Windows 10 with Excel 2019.

BTW, I am making some updates to the program to allow "real time" leaderboard so you can see where you are after each hole you play. You don't have to play your whole round first to find out where you are on the leaderboard. This will allow to determine if you need to go for that par-5 green in two, or layup :smile:

I will create a video for it when through. I have the stroke play through and am working on the match play version.
shaun11

Post by shaun11 »

Is it possible that these .csv files can be built into an upgrade so those of us using older machines can enjoy the program?
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Yes, the upgraded version of LVT uses csv files.