LVT Testing thread

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
mwc0914

LVT Testing thread

Post by mwc0914 »

Let's use this thread to communicate problems you find in testing.

First item I forgot to mention, I have not disabled the ability to "x" out of a form or file. I have left that in there in case the program gets stuck while testing. When running the program, use the Exit, Save, or Cancel buttons as if you were using it for real, except when viewing a report you generated. The programs creates an Excel file to display the report. If you don't want to save it, you can "X" out of the report you are viewing.

The final version of the product will have the "X" out ability disabled.

It has been brought to my attention that I have developed this on a later version of Excel that allows for over a million rows per sheet. Those who have older versions of Excel are limited to 65536 rows per sheet (Excel 97 - Excel 2003 and Excel 95 is limited to 16,384) and cannot create files with .xlsx extension (later version of Excel files). I just modified the program to create .csv files, which should be able to be accessed by all versions of Excel. If you want that version, let me know & I will send it to you. Be aware that you may only be able to complete a few seasons before you hit the sheet row max, depending on your tour roster size and weeks in a season. Early versions of Excel will drop off any rows in the csv file after row 16,384 or 65,536. With Excel 2007 and later you can probably run about 100 seasons or more, and not drop off any rows.

I am going to update the program to determine the version of Excel you are running and if you are running an older version, calculate about how many seasons you can run before running out row space, and remind you of this when you create your first season schedule.