LVT Tutorial Overview

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Jimbo

Re: LVT Tutorial Overview

Post by Jimbo »

I'll be happy to nitpick ..as a tester.😁
Fore!play

Post by Fore!play »

Thanks for the tutorial vids, they are very well done! I don't know whether you plan to make a video that goes into the details about how the statistical engine for LVT works, but I would be interested in some more information on that.

There are no actual dependencies on Links 2003 with LVT, am I correct? In other words, one could use LVT with any golf game of their choosing (or no game at all for that matter - i.e., simply sim seasons by entering "fake" scores for your created player), right?
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

LVT will be free. As for being backward compatible, I don't know. LVT does not have any "links" to MS Links. You can use it with any golf sim. However, there are some round setting you can set that come from MS Links (green hardness, green speed) that may not be available in other sims, and these do affect the players' scores.

After all is done, I will make a video showing the scoring engine behind it all. I have to say, I did not build it. It was built by someone named Greybeard who developed the first incarnation of this. His was good for just one tournament. I developed GBVC and extended it to work for season after season. LVT is the next generation of GBVC.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Mike-will you be able to add/drop names from year to year?
This thing looks un-effing-believable! Where on the site can I load it (after signing off on the end user agreement of course)?
Based on the videos I don't see any possible nits to pick! :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Great work! :thumbup:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

There's a "backdoor" way to update player rosters each year, but understand that to get the player data you will have to enter it from the PGA Tour website, and that could take a while, depending how many changes you want to make.

I have not tried updating a tour roster after each season. The rosters that I will supply will be pretty large anyway. I have 246 PGA Tour players, 167 Champions Tour players, and 92 Legends players.

Many more instructional tutorials have been uploaded. Still have a few to go.
UAT may start in a couple of weeks.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Just wondering...I posted the Davis Love sound file a long time but got me to wondering...is it possible to do a file using your own voice? If I hit a bad shot or miss a 2 foot putt I'm inclined to react in a way that doesn't seem to be included in these files. :rant:

If there is, is there a tutorial for recording your own voice and how to make it react to good or bad developments during the game?

As I said earlier I was away for a while and figured that I'd "push the envelope before I resumed my adventures. :smile:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

One more thing (there'll probably always be one more thing...I've been in the hospital and am practically having to learn the game all over again, but here goes:
1. I've set up a separate file for shirts
2. I used the golf utility to open the "Pre-named" version of me so I wouldn't lose my name
3, If I want to add some extra shirt file from what they have at Links Animasters and they constitute a new file do I have to delete one of the existing files, rather than rename it? In other words, is there a limit to the number of shirts I can have? (i own quite a few shirts from real courses that I've visited.
4. If, after I've started playing under my name and see something new (like a pair of pants or a hat) will I have to use the original master file and rename it again? That will cost me my playing data.

I'll talk about shirt crests (I have a lot that I'd like to use) after I get this worked out. Looking at the crest tutorial scares me! :scared: :fear: :helpsmilie: :laugh:
gator

Post by gator »

Jimbo wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 6:56 am 3, If I want to add some extra shirt file from what they have at Links Animasters and they constitute a new file do I have to delete one of the existing files, rather than rename it? In other words, is there a limit to the number of shirts I can have? (i own quite a few shirts from real courses that I've visited.
Jimbo,

IIRC, an ani can only have the same number of shirts, pants, shoes, etc as it was built with. So, if you are changing shirts, you would have to remove one from the file and then add the shirt you want to add. The added shirt should have the same name as the one you are replacing.

Leo

(maybe move this question to a different thread instead of the LVT thread.)
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I guess I can't record my own voice using "nasty language"...or can I?
I could call it a program that's spelled almost the same as "shirt".
...just wondering... :whistle: