Links 2003 Intro Sound File

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
GMR

Links 2003 Intro Sound File

Post by GMR »

I checked the forums but cannot find any reference to the Links 2003 introduction sound file which plays upon start-up of the program. I would like to download it. I thought I saw it somewhere in the past but cannot find it now. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
PinHi

Re: Links 2003 Intro Sound File

Post by PinHi »

Is there one? It would be new to me - cant recall ever hearing an introduction sound file and I have been playing for better than 20 years. Of course I am getting up in years and my memory is not as good as it once was. I see nothing in links 2001 manual that I have. I would be interested if there is one. :bookh:
GMR

Post by GMR »

I don't know about Links 2001 but in Links 2003 if you select Options --> Sound Settings and under Sound Options you check 'Play Interface Music' it will play when you start up the program. Just not sure where to find the sound file.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

GMR wrote: December 29th, 2021, 1:39 am I don't know about Links 2001 but in Links 2003 if you select Options --> Sound Settings and under Sound Options you check 'Play Interface Music' it will play when you start up the program. Just not sure where to find the sound file.
Hi GMR. I may be wrong about this, but It seems to me like there was a game introductory sound file and/or video that plays when you start the game with the CD. It's been years since I used the CD, but other than the menu music, that might be what you were thinking about. Perhaps someone else might confirm that.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

GMR - You are correct there is an option to turn on or off "interface music" I must have turned it off years ago and never gave it another thought. As for where it might be located (sound file that is) I noticed I have predefined sound file where all other sound files are in game and also that same file can be found in folder "Links Restorer" I never put it there so it looks like it automatically loaded up when I installed the game. Could be :dunno: