LVT Features

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
mwc0914

LVT Features

Post by mwc0914 »

As I get near the end, thought I would share some of the features in LVT

Links Virtual Tour (LVT) is a career add-on for MS Links, and is a vastly improved version of the original Graybeard's Virtual Golf Career. It allows you to join and play along with a selection of current PGA Tour, Champions Tour, and legendary golfers in a simulated tour over the course of a career. LVT provides a host of features. Among them are:
• Create and run multiple tours at a time. You can use either a selection of current PGA Tour players, Champions Tour players, or legendary players for your tour roster, or a combination of Tours for your tour roster.
• Customize the list of courses to be used for your tour.
• Create a tour schedule from a list of current PGA Tour, Champions Tour, and European Tour tournaments. You may also create your own custom tournaments and tour schedule, or include with the provided tournaments for your schedule.
• Play both stroke and match play type tournaments. LVT supports 3-round, 4-round, and 5-round stroke play tournaments. Match play tournaments are limited to 64 player fields.
• Include “alternate” tournaments in weeks where a limited field is scheduled to play that week (e.g. a major).
• Set tournament, round, and individual hole conditions and difficulty, which will affect the players’ scores.
• Follow the tournament leaderboard hole-by-hole to see how the round developed.
• Compete in the season-long FedEx Cup points competition, including creating your own playoff tournaments for the end of the season championship. You are limited to a “Tour Championship” tournament as the final end-of-season playoff tournament.
• Calculating weekly World Golf Ranking throughout your tour career.
• Player and tour statistics and records for a single season and over the players’ careers, from which you can generate reports to view or save.
• Play the LVT Cup, which is a simulation of the Ryder Cup and President’s Cup tournaments.
Adelade

Re: LVT Features

Post by Adelade »

I have never played the Graybeard thing and dont really for sure know how these work (Ive stuck with customized "Career Mode" in Links), I asked about it once a couple years ago and only received the reply to "just try it", which I wasnt interested in doing at the time without hearing anything about how it works first. Im only guessing, but I imagine you play in Links individual rounds and then use this in Excel or something, purely to generate AI scores.

I've sort of been thinking about testing yours out once the next version comes out (even if only a beta), because - for all I know - there might be a certain few features that Im growing to miss more and more in the Career Mode. Play-offs that actually affect winnings sounds nice for example, and Im having trouble in Career Mode in getting the AI Roster to score realistically across a wide range of challenging green conditions, dont think the modifiers work for them. A bit more fine-tuning in course-specific difficulty than the somewhat clunky difficulty slider in Career Mode would probably be really smooth as well. A realistic world ranking that functions well over several seasons sounds like a neat bonus.

One of the things I guessed might not be available in LVT though, which is in Career Mode, is the ability to easily see how AI scores develop between holes you play. So I am really happy to read your mention of that, probably tips me over the fence to definitely wanting to try LVT out :smile:

A few questions:
1. Do individual AI players have differing individual scoring variables depending on course conditions or such?
2. Are Rosters customizable?
3. Are the overall variables for wind and green conditions etc. themselves customizable?
4. Are customization changes possible during a started Career? At least between seasons?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Hi

The short answer to all your questions is yes to each of them.

You did remind me that I forgot to mention the tournament playoff feature. You can set the number of holes for the playoff (1-18). Like 18 for the US Open.

You can also specify which holes make up the playoff.
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

Is this going to be available today 'cause everything I've tried today is downloading at about 300 BAUD.
ragamuffin

Post by ragamuffin »

Really looking forward to trying this out! I've been using GBVT for a couple of "seasons" now and really like it. For me, it provides a pretty enjoyable season/career experience.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Sorry...final product will not be ready until early next year. Lots of testing to do now.
ragamuffin

Post by ragamuffin »

No problem from me on the timeline. I think it's great this is being updated. Thanks for taking this on! :clapping:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I hate to be a premature nitpicker but you are forgetting the LPGA Tour. :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
Yes, they're smilies-I'm looking forward to some "real" nitpicking! :thumbup:
chsmcp

Post by chsmcp »

mwc0914 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 3:23 am Sorry...final product will not be ready until early next year. Lots of testing to do now.
HI all, it will be marvellous to create some video tutorials on youtube or see something related to that. Thanks for your effort, this will sure create interest to this fantastic game.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Hmmm...sounds interesting. I will have to look into that.

Think that may be the way to go for the instructions. I will just record a video for each section instead of writing a manual.