Links Country Club - Course Purchase Problems

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
umanfly2boot

Links Country Club - Course Purchase Problems

Post by umanfly2boot »

I am Addressing a problem that continues to exist after years of it being posted as a purchase item.
The Course i am addressing is ( Barton Creek - Fazio Hills Course )
Course ID : Barto2k1.crz 2001-10-23

When you purchase this course on the Links Country Club - you get ( The OLD LS Course ) - Course ID : barton_c.crz

So where is the refund dept when it occurs ( over and over ) year to year ..... and never corrected ! :wallbash:

Oh and how about a Course Correction as well ......TO FIX THE PROBLEM !!!

Does anyone have this course so as to be available for those who would like to play it ( Barto2k1.crz 2001-10-23 ) :dunno:

Andy
Site Admin

Re: Links Country Club - Course Purchase Problems

Post by Andy »

I have no control over what happens at the Links Country Club, I merely used the information I was sent. :dunno:

If you can confirm the CRZ ID and CRZ KEY of the course you received I will mark all the other versions as discontinued.
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

Apparently Course ID : Barto2k1.crz 2001-10-23 Does not exist
It is listed here as Barton Creek - Fazio Foothills : https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=688
WITH A COURSE ID AS : Barto2k1.crz
But when purchased it is only the original microsoft Barton Creek-Fazio ID : Barton_c.crz
:whistle:

So to let everyone know : there are only Two Barton Creek Courses Avaliable For Links 2001 :
1.Barton Creek - Fazio (LS) - Course ID : Abarton_.crz
2.Barton Creek-Fazio by Microsoft - Course ID : Barton_c.crz
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

umanfly2boot wrote: October 29th, 2021, 7:53 am Apparently Course ID : Barto2k1.crz 2001-10-23 Does not exist
It is listed here as Barton Creek - Fazio Foothills : https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=688
WITH A COURSE ID AS : Barto2k1.crz
But when purchased it is only the original microsoft Barton Creek-Fazio ID : Barton_c.crz
:whistle:

So to let everyone know : there are only Two Barton Creek Courses Avaliable For Links 2001 :
1.Barton Creek - Fazio (LS) - Course ID : Abarton_.crz
2.Barton Creek-Fazio by Microsoft - Course ID : Barton_c.crz
Hi uman...

To locate the Course ID, make sure the course you are checking is in your Links/Courses folder...

Start Links, and from the first main menu, select "OPTIONS"...

From the options menu, select "COURSE MANAGER"...

Select the course you want to check from the list on the left side...

Look at the list of menu buttons on the lower right side and press the one for "COURSE ID"...

You will get a pop-up showing you the information that you want...

id.jpg
id.jpg (189.45 KiB) Viewed 3030 times

Any time you are playing on-line against another person, those course ID's must match. If not, you will not be able to connect with them. Also, as Glen Braden specified, any time you open a course in the APCD and make any changes to it, you must do a verify and save. When you do, those course ID numbers will change, and you will have to send any other players the newly saved course to be able to play together.

Hope that helped,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

Just to update :
There is a Barton Creek - Fazio Course ( Barto2k1.crz )
Its a Special Made Course that ( Only ) comes with the Links 2001 Expansion Pack Volume 2
The Final Solution is found at the bottom of this page:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=712&p=13051#p13051
Last edited by umanfly2boot on January 20th, 2022, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I have 4 Barton Creek courses in my game, Barton Creek Fazio LS, Barton Creek Fazio, Barton Creek Foothills, Barton Creek Foothills (2003). They are named in my course folder as, Abarton_CRZ, barto2k1.crz, BARTO2K3_CRZ, barton_c.crz.