Real Tournaments 2022

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Lord Hearteater

Real Tournaments 2022

Post by Lord Hearteater »

The 20th Anniversary Season of RT is roughed in. I'm waiting to see if I can get more updated purse amounts, and perhaps update the images of the tour cards. Like my prior work, PGA Tour events are at the pro level, with majors and select invitationals at that highest level. Many of the real events that I have researched, and filled the lower competitive levels with are no longer held. The semi-pro level is filled with extinct PGA Tour events, and a sprinkling of (also mostly past) events from other pro tours (Aussie, Canadian, Euro). The amateur level is largely what it has been since 2010.

When I started building these seasons, it was a challenge to fill the slots. These days, it is a challenge to keep everything confined to the 24 week format. We now have more current/recent PGA Tour venues than we have weeks available. The schedule makers did me a favor by moving the Wells Fargo to TPC Avenal. Quail Hollow appears as the Presidents Cup venue. The Old Wachovia Championship will likely become a part of RT2023.

Just when we get the Greenbriar playable in Links 2003, the PGA Tour permanently cancels the event there. I had nowhere else to put it, but right below the Masters. Similarly, there's no event at Sherwood CC, in 2022, just as we get a great edition of that course to play. The old World Challenge is a semi-pro event for 2022. If anything, the semi-pro level of the RT series has really gotten interesting and challenging. The Ultimate Senior US Open is found there, and is the last of my "ultimate style" events (a tradition likely to continue for this particular event). Alas, there was no room for an Ultimate Canadian Open, this year, and I understand that St. George's is being made for next year's event. We'll have to see about the future from there.

All of the majors are where they are being held, although some of the courses do date back to Links 2001. Thanks to all of the course designers, and the LC staff, as always. We're on-target for a late October release date, with the first event at Sea Island to begin on November 18th.
ACES: far too many to list
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
Jimbo

Re: Real Tournaments 2022

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Lord--I can attest that there's a "Canadian Open" version of St. George's ready to go...assuming that the border is open.
Lord Hearteater

Good news indeed, but the problem is that I presently have no slot for a Canadian Open, unless it is below a major, where I like to put extinct events, when possible. There's an abundance of courses and events, if one is making a 24-week season, but it becomes a mighty challenge to do 36 weeks.

There is a second possibility, but it would involve a bit of reworking: PGAtour.com does not yet list a course venue for the Mexico Championship. I assumed Chapultepec, which has been the venue, for the past few years. This served to keep the post-Augusta majors spaced evenly, at 3 weeks apart from each other. If I move the PGA Championship up a week, a slot can then open on the other side of it for the Canadian Open. It widens the gap between the PGA and US Open by a week, but would not affect the flow of the season significantly. This work would take perhaps 15 minutes.

...but I am only as good as what courses are available by Halloween of a given year. That's the lone drawback. I'd love it, if we could edit events mid-season, and have taken pains to lament that we gained 2 new tour courses of recent times, only to see the events cease in real life (Sherwood & Greenbriar; is Chapultepec the 3rd on the list?). If there's a St George for our northern friends to share and play during the coming long winter, then I could certainly make the aforementioned edit, if it is released this month. Even if it is delayed, perhaps sending me a PM with a link to an advance copy could help. As long as the file name of the course does not change from the released version, I should be able to make it work in the season...unless someone with more programming skill than myself saying that it it can't be done. It's something to ponder.

...or I could just do the aforementioned migration, eliminating Chapultepec, and put in one last Ultimate Canadian Open, using the existing courses that have hosted that event, just as I have done, when it is not held at one of those courses specifically. There's a few weeks left, according to my timetable. I usually check the web again, around the 25th, for updated purses and venues.
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

That's an ongoing issue with the Canadian Open. As things currently stand the Open is destined to be played in Southern Ontario, specifically between Toronto and Hamilton (maybe Montreal but I wouldn't bet the house). If it could be worked into the sked before or after the US Open or the PGA then other courses that are "in the same time zone" could be brought into the equation.
As it stands the rest of the country either sees the LPGA or the Seniors (not that there's anything wrong with them but...) :dunno:
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

Lord Hearteater, in the past I've used the PGA Tour Player Handbook as a guide for setting up my "real life" seasons. This really helps when you're figuring out the field sizes for the various tournaments, and in previous years it also helped with prize money. Here's a link to the 2019-2020 handbook. Even though it's dated, it should still prove useful for field sizes. I haven't yet been able to find a handbook for 2021-2022 or even for the most recent just completed season.

https://qualifying.pgatourhq.com/static ... _10_19.pdf
Doug
Lord Hearteater

You guys are vectoring me to resources that I had no prior awareness of, and I thank you for that. I've always used pgatour.com schedule and purse info. My seasons are intended as templates for the player to customize further, but whatever I can build in to enhance that factor is always welcomed. If there is no Canadian Open in RT2022, then I will hereby pledge to give the event its' proper due for 2023, assuming that the expected course release takes place. If it can come out sooner, to be in RT2022, that's a bonus, at this point. We still have a few weeks to see what shakes out.
Lord Hearteater

Finalizing and uploading, today. There will be a Canadian Open in RT2021 after all. Purse amounts from PGA Tour website are in place, except for the majors, which I just evened out at $12.5M. There's $20M for the Players, this year.

Thanks, once again, to everyone else for their contributions, be it courses, or other info.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »