CAREER AD-ONS

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Jimbo

CAREER AD-ONS

Post by Jimbo »

I'm looking at the career simulations and notice that they start with the Tournament of Champions in January. The pros are playing in West Virginia this week and according to the PGA website it's the first tournament of the 2019-2020 season.
In the good old days these "Fall Finish" tournaments would be part of the previous year's schedule (the "OMG I have to keep my card!" tournaments). :fear:
Is there a way to adjust the programs so that the schedule now starts in the fall? I know that this may cause some issues with the Tournament of Champions selection, but as long as that default remains with the previous year it should simply be a matter of moving those tournaments from the "end" to the "beginning".
I may very well be oversimplifying things but... :whistle:
Dixieman

Re: CAREER AD-ONS

Post by Dixieman »

The only way to "adjust" the program for a fall start to the PGA Tour season is to make a season that starts out that way. On a previously made season that starts out with the Tournament of Champions (Toc), you can't simply move the fall tournaments from the end of the season to the beginning to occur before the ToC. Of course, that would be great if it worked like that, but unfortunately it doesn't.
Doug
Lord Hearteater

Re: CAREER ADD-ONS

Post by Lord Hearteater »

Please allow the maker of the most comprehensive CM seasons (Real Tournaments; abbreviated as RT here) to address the matter.

The American PGA Tour is the richest on the globe, and thus a focal point of pro golf, in general, and my created seasons, in particular. I already have most of Real Tournaments 2020 finished, but am planning another review and revision, after a final perusal of potential purse amounts. I do pride myself on accuracy, even down to the trophies, when possible, AT ALL LEVELS (not just pro and invitational). I'm also keenly aware of when most of the American PGA Tour audience is actually interested in the Tour; when it is not football season. American football is the king of the nation's sports landscape, and the northern autumn is its' time.

Let's also remember that when Links 2003 was released, there was no FedEx Cup or playoff. The game itself has limitations that cannot be fully overcome to everyone's complete satisfaction. One quickly learns to work within the limitations, or moves on to something else.

If one examines RT2019 as an example, you can see that there is an actual real autumn event at the pro level in Week 1, right below the TofC at Kapalua. This is done deliberately, as there are not a lot of current autumnal event courses available for Links 2003. The way that I see it, the Real Tournaments seasons are for the player who wants to play along with the pros, during the time of year when the interest in doing so is at its' higher points. Autumn is the time to play a 12-week season, and survive Q-school, yet I do cram the lower levels of RT seasons with autumnal events, where possible, sometimes using extinct events. These events may occur early or late in the season, although the late ones tend to be at the semi-pro level.

Links 2003 is a mature game and platform, with a matured player audience. The Real Tournaments series caters to maintaining and enhancing the interest of such an audience. I usually release the next year's season in October, to allow for the end-user to do their own editing and tweaking, and still be ready to play, come the event at Sea Island, in November. Look for RT2020 in the third week of October.

Anyone is welcome to try doing a better job than what I have been trying to do since 2004, but the bar is quite high. Be prepared to do a lot of research, and to spend hours of tedium when building/editing the season(s) you create. Most folks will readily admit that they lack the resources, fortitude and will to start from scratch, and will recognize that I do the best with what the limitations of Links 2003 enable and allow. For example, there is no Winged Foot course for the game, as of this writing. One may emerge, in 2020, but that would be too late to edit RT2020, since once you start, you are locked into it. On the old LC board, I previewed RT2020 and invited users to sound of on what they would like me to do with the 2020 US Open. Should I do the traditional "ultimate" style, and use other historic US Open venues that are available for the game, or should I go with geography, and nearby Shinnecock Hills, which is also a historic US Open venue, for all 4 rounds?

The gauntlet is thus thrown down. Those who think that they can do better than I have done for the past 15 years are not likely to succeed in surpassing me. Good luck, if you still wish to try.
ACES: far too many to list
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

You have a PM.
Lord Hearteater

Sincere thanks and appreciation to pmgolf. RT2020 will have Winged Foot, after all! The 2006 version has never been available via LC, however. I have always been one to stick with what is available at LC, as a matter of principle. Here's hoping that this version is released to LC sooner, rather than later. Otherwise, users may end up having to change the file name(s) on Sage's expected course(s), when the time comes, in order to play the US Open where it will be truly held.

Of course, I'll still extend more appreciation to Sage, since his work already features in RT2020 (Detroit).

Behold the power of the Links 2003 user community in 2019!
ALBATROSSES: Atlantic Point (aced par4), Barton Creek 2003, Bay Hill (VGA), Bighorn (LS), Doonbeg, Firestone North,Tribute@Otsego, Torrey Pines (LS), TPCs Harding Park and Woodlands, St Andrews New
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

I've finished making a complete 2019-2020 PGA Tour season, and I can upload if folks want to see it. But, I'll throw this caveat out: My season is strictly the PGA Tour season, set up at the pro level. I did not create any tournaments at the semi-pro or amateur level. Week one is set up to play only the qualifying tournament, and I've used the Q-School course for that specifically (that's a chip and putt course only, for those who haven't seen it). The spaces used for the semi-pro and amateur tournaments are zeroed out (i.e., the name of the tournament in each of those spots is marked as "N/A"). Otherwise, the PGA Tour season as setup at the pro level is accurate as to prize money, field size, and cut line (new this year, the PGA Tour has moved the cut line from the top 70 to the top 65). I've made as invitational tournaments the WGC tournaments, the Open Championship, and the three FedEx end-of-year playoff tournaments. The tournaments for which we do not have corresponding courses, I've used substitutes decided strictly at my discretion. If anyone wants to see it and try it out, let me know and I'll send it in for upload.
Doug
Lord Hearteater

Real Tournaments 2020 is completed, with purses at the invitational and pro levels matching the 2019-2020 schedule, and trophies matching wherever possible.

All four major championships are on their real-world venues, for the first time in the history of my Real Tournaments series, although US Open venue Winged Foot West 2006 is not available at Links Corner, as of this writing. Hold that thought, and read onward.

Fans of my "ultimate" treatment of major championships for which no current year's course is available might enjoy the Ultimate Senior US Open, if they are unable to procure Winged Foot West 2006.

There's literally only 2 or 3 off weeks between Kapalua and the Open Championship, so those who like to play along with the pros on the telly will have plenty to keep them engaged. The northern autumn is not represented. Play a 12-week season and pass Q-school during that time (i.e. NOW, as of this writing), if you are new to the game, or have yet to win a pro tournament.

After the Open, the first week of FedEx Cup play is represented as the Week 23 event. Week 24's invitational is the Ryder Cup, a match-play event for $1.5M (the minimum, as there is no prize money in real life).

There are more changes at the amateur level of RT2020, with newer real world events at more recently-created Links-playable courses being inserted. The direction established with RT2019 featuring more European Tour events at the semi-pro level, along with the tradition of using defunct American events to fill the spaces at this level has been carried forward. I want to make all levels engaging and challenging for the player, but remember that the player is always the final editor, before the season starts.

Look for the usual release time in October, to enable players having the ability to review, tweak and edit to their liking, prior to mid-November's RSM Classic. If you know of a real world event on a Links-playable course that does not already feature in a Real Tournaments season that I have created, please use this forum to build my awareness, and enable me to give back even more, in future releases. Purse amounts (if applicable) are nice to know, as well. :tiphat:
insulinpumper

Post by insulinpumper »

I don't seem to be able to find the download for RT2020. Have I missed it?
Lord Hearteater

Real life has gotten in the way. I am uploading it presently.
insulinpumper

Post by insulinpumper »

Thanks, I look forward to it. Your work is much appreciated.