Tutorial for making a Soundscript?

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
bostonlefty

Tutorial for making a Soundscript?

Post by bostonlefty »

Was wondering if there's a tutorial for making sound scripts.

I would love to create something along the lines of "Hackmaster."

I've messed around with it, but can't figure out several issues:

How do you make clean/clear .wav files ?
Can I clip song pieces from Spotify ?

I'm assuming the easiest way is to edit an existing script - add/replace with my new .wav's and save as a new file.

If I could pull this off, I would be glad to post here.

Info appreciated,

Boston Lefty
Adelade

Re: Tutorial for making a Soundscript?

Post by Adelade »

I've never made a soundscript but I've made .wav files. You can make those with several different programs one example is Audacity - I believe you can get it for free still. In Audacity you can record sounds from your computer by enabling/selecting Stereo Mix as your recording device first in Sound Control Panel and then within Audacity (think you might need to restart Audacity after the control panel setting to get it to work), that way you could record from sounds playing on your computer - Spotify for example. I dont think it is the technically highest quality method - it would be better to acquire proper sound files when possible - but I cant tell the difference so its easily good enough IMO. If you have audio files in other formats you can turn them into .wav files with Audacity too.

Many times you can find standard basic sounds from royalty free sound libraries around the internet.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
alphington

Re: Tutorial for making a Soundscript?

Post by alphington »

Don't know if this is of use but I read recently that the BBC have made thousands of their sound effects freely available. Just search for BBC Sound Effects.