cloeks1 wrote: ↑November 20th, 2023, 8:04 pm
Just checked the new LVT and all seems to be working without errors. The cup has no errors either although it took me a while to remember to mark selected platers with an x. One question... is there a way to move courses I've added in the old version to the new version?
Thanks... you do amazing work....great job.
Follow this and you should be able to update your course list in LVT "through the backdoor"
1. Open LVT and go to the Tour where you have created new courses.
2. Click on the "+" sign to create a new sheet.
3. Right click on the sheet, then left click on View Code.
4. This takes you to the VBA editor. On the left you should see a "navigation section" in the upper left of the screen. There will be a section where it lists all the Sheets in the file.
5. Left click on Sheet1(Courses).
6. At the bottom left of the screen you will see a line that says Visible 2-xlSheetVeryHidden. This is a dropdown box. Click on it and select 1 - xlSheetVisible.
7. Switch screens a go back to the LVT screen and you should see a new sheet listed at the bottom that says Courses. Click on the sheet and the Courses sheet will appear. This should contain the list of all your courses.
8. Copy this sheet into its own Excel file. You will be pasting this sheet into the new version on LVT.
9. After copying you can close the old version of LVT and leave the Course sheet visible, etc if you want. If you want to clean up the old verison, follow the instructions below for cleaning up the new version of LVT.
If you want to update the course list for all tours to be created, do this when the initial splash screen comes up when you start LVT. If you want to update the course for only a tour already created, do the following ONLY AFTER you have clicked on Play The Tour and the Tour page is displaying...
10. Repeat steps 1-7 from above in the new LVT version.
11. Delete all data from the Courses sheet.
12. Paste the Courses sheet you just copied onto the Courses sheet in the new version of LVT. If you are doing this for a specific tour and the season has already started, any new courses will not be reflected in the season. You will need to make this change between seasons.
13. Clean up the new LVT....Click on the dropdown at the bottom left of the VBA Editor to set the Courses sheet back to xlSheetVeryHidden.
14. Switch back to the LVT screen and the Course sheet should now be gone.
15. Right click on Sheet1, the new sheet you created, and right click.
16. Click on Delete Sheet.
17. Click on the LVT Exit button to save and close LVT. This should save your courses in LVT.