Microsoft Links golf 1998

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
mesaratz

Microsoft Links golf 1998

Post by mesaratz »

Hi All

Just joined so please be gentle :smile:

i have been playing Links 2003 (which i got from here many years ago!) and have just discovered my old copy of links championship editor which i copied over the golfer ani and it all seems to be OK
BUT
i am looking for the golfers off of the links golf 1998 version, is there any where i might find them? (alas i have lost my copy of this game to the loft in a far flung house long ago moved out off!! :mad: ) and if i did manage to find them would it as simple as just copying them over the the right Dir?

Many thanks for reading this post and hope to hear from some one soon

John

Danny D

Re: Microsoft Links golf 1998

Post by Danny D »

mesaratz wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 am
Hi All

i have been playing Links 2003 (which i got from here many years ago!) and have just discovered my old copy of links championship editor which i copied over the golfer ani and it all seems to be OK
BUT
i am looking for the golfers off of the links golf 1998 version, is there any where i might find them? (alas i have lost my copy of this game to the loft in a far flung house long ago moved out off!! :mad: ) and if i did manage to find them would it as simple as just copying them over the the right Dir?

John
Hi John. Welcome to the Forums. Just to make sure we understand, are you wanting the ANI's from Links 1998 so you can try to use them in Links 2003? If that's what you want to do, I don't think the 1998 ANI's are the same format, and I don't think they'll work in 2003. Why exactly do you need the 1998 ANI's ? :unsure:

Dan

Bass player eh? :tiphat:
Last edited by Danny D on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mesaratz

Post by mesaratz »

Danny D wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:26 pm
mesaratz wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 am
Hi All

BUT

John
Hi John. Welcome to the Forums. Just to make sure we understand, are you wanting the ANI's from Links 1998 so you can try to use them in Links 2003? If that's what you want to do, I don't think the 1998 ANI's are the same format, and I don't think they'll work in 2003. Why exactly do you need the 1998 ANI's ? :unsure:

Dan

Bass player eh? :tiphat:
Hi Dan
Thank you for your welcome, i thought i had already sign up for this forum but seems that i hadn't :mad: sad i know

Yes i wanted to use the ani from 1998 as it has Craig stadler as well as a computer player that had some great sound/speech (for some reason i always remember it saying booyaa got a hold of that one), it's a shame that they changed the format of the ani.

Many thanks for getting back to me and sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you.
Bass player ... Yep been playing since about 1980 BUT i have given up on bands for the time being, still jam with a few players just to keep my hand in. My better half has just got me a new bass for Christmas which is very unexpected :smile: :smile:

John

Danny D

Post by Danny D »

mesaratz wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:20 am
My better half has just got me a new bass for Christmas which is very unexpected :smile: :smile:

John
Better hang on to that better half. :smile: Like my wife said on my last guitar purchase. "A man can't have enough guitars" :yes: :laugh: She's right ya know... :thumbup:
Rock on!

Dan

mesaratz

Post by mesaratz »

Danny D wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:05 am
mesaratz wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:20 am
My better half has just got me a new bass for Christmas which is very unexpected :smile: :smile:

John
Better hang on to that better half. :smile: Like my wife said on my last guitar purchase. "A man can't have enough guitars" :yes: :laugh: She's right ya know... :thumbup:
Rock on!

Dan
Yep she said much the same :thumbup:

RobV

Post by RobV »

You can use the soundscript for Stadler but not the ani. I use the soundscript.. and many others as well.