How to start a new career in CM with updated rosters

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
MrT

How to start a new career in CM with updated rosters

Post by MrT »

I updated the Rosters following the thread on this forum.
I withdrew the players from tournaments.

But, every time I start playing again, I get the old rosters.

Do I need also a totally new player to be able to use the new Rosters?

Thank you.
Dixieman

Re: How to start a new career in CM with updated rosters

Post by Dixieman »

"Do I need also a totally new player to be able to use the new Rosters?"

Yep.
Doug
MrT

Post by MrT »

Thank you Dixieman. Indeed it works after I started with a new player.

Since you seem to be in the know, is there a way to erase a player's career. Just curious, really, as it is not a lot of trouble to create a new player, erase an old one and then change the name of the newly created player. I just cannot find any file to erase...
Dixieman

Post by Dixieman »

MrT wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:50 am Thank you Dixieman. Indeed it works after I started with a new player.

Since you seem to be in the know, is there a way to erase a player's career. Just curious, really, as it is not a lot of trouble to create a new player, erase an old one and then change the name of the newly created player. I just cannot find any file to erase...
Although I haven't tried it, I suspect it may have to do with the files created in the "Players" subfolder and "Career" subfolder. In the Players subfolder you should find a file called *.PIN (the asterisk being the name of your golfer). And in the users/owner/documents/Links2003/career subfolder are two files called *.PHF and *.SEP. Perhaps deleting one or more of those files would get the result you are looking for, but again I haven't tried it so I'm not certain.
Doug
MrT

Post by MrT »

Yes, it would appear that deleting the .SEP and .PHF file for the player as you suggested erases his or her career history. Just tried... That is very good to know. I knew that some files like that had to exist, but I did not think to look where you suggested. THX