Adding Splash Screen problem

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Mike Nicely

Adding Splash Screen problem

Post by Mike Nicely »

Hello all .. been awhile since I have come around. Links and designing took a back seat to my health. Since I have been feeling better I decided to reload the designer and Links and see if I could finish a course that I was working on many years ago. I have come down to adding splash and logo.. but when I try to add the pic it says cannot open jpeg. :helpsmilie:
Thanks for your help in advance
will check back in a day or two
Fairways N Greens all and a Happy New Year too ... be safe!!!!
LeWAW

Re: Adding Splash Screen problem

Post by LeWAW »

Hi, make sure you have the right size, and If it dosn't work, maybe it's a saving problem, if you're using photoshop, save it, open it with paint and save it again... Good Luck :smile:
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yea if size is correct (Splash: 1280x1024 JPG , Logo: 256x256 24-bit TGA ) it is probably that APCD cant handle the particular .jpg output of your software, I dont really understand how that works but my Photoshop produces same problem. Some versions of Paint (perhaps all) causes slight yet sometimes noticeable loss of quality in their compression when saving jpg files, so if you are very particular about the quality (like I unnecessarily tend to be) another slightly slower solution producing slightly better results is to save them as .PNG with your software and then turn them from PNG into JPG with this webpage for example https://ezgif.com/png-to-jpg
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

some software only accepts the file name of .jpg so if you are creating either .JPG or .jpeg just try renaming and see how that goes.

Cheers, AJ