9 Hole Courses

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
migolfer

9 Hole Courses

Post by migolfer »

It seems pretty obvious that the APCD requires there to be 18 holes. You cannot create a 9-holer. Right?
I certainly haven't seen any in the course list otherwise I'd imagine someone would have done one
by now. Or is there some strategy that would allow for this? I thought maybe if you could layout the
9 holes and then tell the APCD that the back 9 holes are just duplicates of the front, that might work.
Seems doubtful.

-dh
migolfer

Re: 9 Hole Courses

Post by migolfer »

Maybe I spoke too soon. Here are a couple which suggest they're just 9 holes. I'll check 'em out.
john_iv

Post by john_iv »

Don't forget the beautiful Augusta Par 3 course.

https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1998
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi John-on an unrelated note-I see that you only joined the forum last year and I don't think you were ever given a proper welcome and "initiation". You're also a fellow "nor' wester"...(South wester if you're a Canuck) although I'm originally from Toronto...and a Bills fan.
The Seahawks have really underachieved this year...so much for a Seattle-Buffalo Super Bowl! :rofl:
Anyway, belated "Welcome Aboard! :cheers1:
john_iv

Post by john_iv »

Thanks Jimbo, I was here on the prior iteration of the site too and have been Links-ing since the DOS days. :)

Though, prior to about 2016 I was unaware of the great work others had done on Links courses beyond Microsoft's own releases. So I've been collecting and playing all the top tier user designed courses. The Clipnotes spreadsheets/reviews have helped sort and prioritize. :)