Is this my worst nightmare?

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Duck Hook

Is this my worst nightmare?

Post by Duck Hook »

Hi all

Um, don't know what to make of this. Just doing some play testing and out of nowhere the image below appeared in the sky. I played 2 holes and it wasn't there and then on the 3rd hole it appeared. Cancelled round, then restarted and it is gone. Cancelled round and restarted again and it still didn't re-appear.
Has anyone seen this before? Honestly, if this means my course file has become corrupted I'm done, it's all over. I have all 36 holes at Cambrian Ridge laid out save for a few bunkers on the par 3 course and there is no way I'm starting again... :mad:
Attachments
corruptsky.jpg
corruptsky.jpg (886.48 KiB) Viewed 3699 times
sagevanni

Re: Is this my worst nightmare?

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Todd,

I've had this happen MANY times......It seems to be a intermittent graphics problem. I started using the dgvoodoo thingy and it solved the problem. Right now after "F*****G" windows 10 updates that reboot my comp even though I told windows I will decide when and if updates are to be installed. So since I can no longer get the dgvoodoo thingy working right now I have had this happen a few times.

I think it is nothing to worry about and I don't think it has corrupted your course.

Sage...... :yeah:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey mate

Well that's a bit of relief. I wondered whether it was some sort of graphics issue. The fact that it only appeared on the course I'm working on put the wind up me. Let's hope this is the case.
Great, it's 12:09am, I can now get to sleep..... :yes:

T
:cheers1:
jwgriffingca

Post by jwgriffingca »

I have seen that as well with my course. When it occurs, it's always in practice mode, never in regular play mode. Have no idea what causes it, but usually appears if/when I rotate views a lot or move the ball around to various places to inspect some APCD work.

I think Lez called it a "pink mess" at some point. I admit it's caused me some concern as well and generally crossing my fingers that it's not a serious issue.

John
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

jwgriffingca wrote: September 1st, 2019, 8:22 pm it's always in practice mode, never in regular play mode. Have no idea what causes it, but usually appears if/when I rotate views a lot or move the ball around to various places to inspect some APCD work.

John
Hey John

Yeah, I think you have nailed it. That's exactly what I was doing. Had the Pin cam expanded out as far as possible and was moving the ball around all over the place, moving the camera up and down etc, etc. I'd swap to golfer cam and do the same.
I sort of panicked when I saw it and didn't take much note of what I was doing but when I read what you posted, bingo!

Cheers mate
T
:cheers1: