Course elevations

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
hopeless@golf

Course elevations

Post by hopeless@golf »

Is there a way to use the scroll wheel when moving the verts on the Z axis when you are making elevation changes. I find holding the left mouse button down and sliding the mouse leaves a lot to be desired regarding accuracy

:helpsmilie:
pmgolf

Re: Course elevations

Post by pmgolf »

I have trouble with that, too. I have to zoom in as much as POSSIBLE to hit all the numbers. Of course I'm sure you know that you can move multiple verts at one time.

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

hopeless@golf wrote: October 9th, 2020, 11:04 pm Is there a way to use the scroll wheel when moving the verts on the Z axis when you are making elevation changes. I find holding the left mouse button down and sliding the mouse leaves a lot to be desired regarding accuracy

:helpsmilie:
Unfortunately, no. There is no other way to move the verts up or down other than the way you mentioned. The only advice I can offer is what Pete mentioned. Get as close as you can to the vert, and you can move it in smaller increments. Try this. When you get the vert close to the correct elevation, say 1 foot for example, press SHIFT+W to zoom up close in the perspective view window. That will usually place you close enough to make critical tweaks.

Good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

The flatten tool can in certain situations be at least a little bit useful as well.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:52 am The flatten tool can in certain situations be at least a little bit useful as well.
I think helpless is doing mostly single-vert adjustments. He just started a course and is starting off by setting GE elevations. :smile:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
hopeless@golf

Post by hopeless@golf »

Helpless? :thumbup:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

hopeless@golf wrote: October 10th, 2020, 12:53 pm Helpless? :thumbup:
:oops: BAHAHAHAHA! Well, I only missed it by one letter. :laugh: LOL! I hadn't even noticed. Sorry bout that. :tomato:

How is the course coming along so far? Does it look like it will work for you?

Dan
Completed Courses
hopeless@golf

Post by hopeless@golf »

The overhead worked perfect, got the plot elevated and now going in and doing all the ponds. Oh got a little carried away and even set the parking lot elevations lol :rofl:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

hopeless@golf wrote: October 10th, 2020, 7:41 pm The overhead worked perfect, got the plot elevated and now going in and doing all the ponds. Oh got a little carried away and even set the parking lot elevations lol :rofl:
Good to hear! :thumbup:
Completed Courses