Importing objects and textures

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Malcolm510

Importing objects and textures

Post by Malcolm510 »

I am trying to import some trees and some textures into APCD, but I can’t seem to do it. I am using a windows 7 operating system. If anyone could give me a step by step guide, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Malcolm510
Danny D

Re: Importing objects and textures

Post by Danny D »

Malcolm510 wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 2:58 pm I am trying to import some trees and some textures into APCD, but I can’t seem to do it. I am using a windows 7 operating system. If anyone could give me a step by step guide, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Malcolm510
Hi Malcolm510. Here is a good place to start...

TEXTURES
The textures must be added in the APCD by cloning an existing similar texture, and then editing it's properties and applying your own texture in place of the stock one. For example, if you want to add your own textures, try to clone a stock texture of the same type. Clone rough to add rough. Clone sand to add sand, clone water to add water, clone deep rough to add deep rough and so on. I will mention that it's not absolutely mandatory to use the same type, but in the long run, it makes for a less confusing APCD and is easier to keep track of. If you clone for example blacktop to use for creating a grass seam blend texture, then it's likely that your new seam blend texture may show a LIE ICON of blacktop, rather than fairway. It won't make a difference in the long run, but it can get confusing seeing a blacktop lie being assigned to grass. That's why I recommend cloning similar stock textures to match your custom textures. Watch some of these video's to get you started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0FyG7FAOo

TREES AND OTHER 2D OBJECTS
These must be added to your APCD by importing them into your planting set. It's way too time consuming and complicated to describe this here in a forum post. Please search out these functions by watching our good friend Lez Marwick's APCD video tutorials. Then if you have follow up questions, come back here and ask specifics. You can start here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNx1rk7WrFM

Note that Lez made a lot of tutorials. You may need to search thru his list to find the ones specific to what you are trying to learn. Here is the full list. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49

Good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added