'error abort' message after saving

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
dorse72

'error abort' message after saving

Post by dorse72 »

has anyone else experienced this? I ignored it, as I could keep working on the file, and even open it in Links, but maybe this is causing some of the problems I'm having. My old Laptop is running Vista, but its always been very stable.

Maybe I should uninstall APCD and re-install it
pmgolf

Re: 'error abort' message after saving

Post by pmgolf »

Sounds like a good idea. Do you actually install it? I have a version from Danny that includes 2001 and 2003 objects. When I want a new copy I just extract the zip file to a new folder - that way I can have multiple copies of the APCD at one time. None of them go through Windows so I can run one, close it and open another to work on two different courses and they don't interfere with each other. I have six copies, each one dedicated to a different course.

Pete
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

yes, he sent me that zip file also, I am using going to use that file and that method from now on.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Just a word or warning to those using multiple copies of APCD at the same time....

Don't try to install it from the factory discs if you have other copies present. The factory disc will search your hard drives for existing "APCD.EXE" files that are present from other APCD installs, and it will install whatever you are trying to do in ALL of your copies. Example. If for some reason you try to run the LIBRARY MERGE, it will merge the library into all copies of the APCD it finds. (or at least that's what it did to me the first time I attempted a library merge) Also, if you have current copies installed and you attempt to do another APCD install with the factory disc, it will find the APCD.EXE file and will not offer the option of installing it again, but rather it will offer to REPAIR your existing copy.

Bottom line is, if for some reason you attempt to do any type of installation from the factory discs, you must RENAME all other "APCD.EXE" files that exist on your machine so that the installation disc can't find them...

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added