corrupt 2D's

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
dorse72

corrupt 2D's

Post by dorse72 »

Is there a chance I have corrupt 2D's in my folders? When I was working on Colonial 2020 with Dan D, I couldn't plant any trees because they showed up as crazy corrupt images, big tall scattered images that didn't make any sense. Dan had to do the final couple plants, name the course, and validate/save because mine wouldn't work. I couldn't plant, couldn't save the name of the course or hole names - I would do all that work, save the course, next time I opened it up, all the hole names and course name would be gone. Open Links up and trees I just messed with were corrupt, couldn't even delete them in the APCD, they would still come back. I'm afraid I'm going to have these problems with Winged Foot also.
pmgolf

Re: corrupt 2D's

Post by pmgolf »

Scares me about Winged Foot. Are you forest planting or planting individual trees? Did you open a new, separate copy of the APCD when you did Winged Foot? Just in case, I would use trees that I didn't use with Colonial to be safe. I've got my fingers crossed for you! Please post something tomorrow morning even if you don't have Winged Foot - I have a bunch of guys waiting for a tournament there. Thanks!

Pete
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

I'm really sorry Pete, I don't even know where to start. I can't tell if my Links game is not right or my APCD is not right.
APCD crashes when I turn on 2Ds in the perspective window after only 5 trees planted.
Links stops at 67% when loading shadows

I used my old laptop that uses Vista to build the course. I get an 'error abort' message after every save, but file keeps going and I can open it in Links and APCD no problem. problem comes when I turn on 2Ds. switched to my son's new laptop Windows 10 to start planting, but even it crashes. dont have Links installed on Windows 10 laptop as I can't find instal disc.

If anyone has any ideas I'm be very appreciative
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I feel for you.
Are you planting the default trees or imported trees?
It has been mentioned before that some imported trees are corrupt - the same happened to me with Wade Hampton.
I hope you can get this sorted.
Good luck
Ian
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Sounds very frustrating indeed, if you could view 2D in Colonial and just not any trees you plant yourself, that should suggest your own 2D objects are corrupted, or maybe even your whole library. In that case there should be two options:
A) if you're looking to plant APCD stock trees rather than custom ones, you should get away with simply replacing the object.lib file and the whole Object folder with those from a clean APCD, perhaps the Default.PST too to be safe. You could find a fresh APCD at viewtopic.php?f=16&t=348 for example.
B) Basically what AJ suggested in the other thread in case you have specific custom 2D objects in mind that you want to use - It sounded like you can plant the trees, just not view them. Then you could skip trying to view them and just plant 1 of each tree you want on any course file, then open it with Links Extender (can find Links Extender in the video description of this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTsBNDO ... o&index=62 ) and extract all 2D objects. You will (probably) find them at C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Links Extender v2 then you can add them back into APCD at Object Library > File > Import.. You will have to set object properties again for each object and add them into a planting set but they should not be corrupted after that unless somehow your whole library has gotten corrupted. In that case it may be best to do A) in between extracting and importing to be safe.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...