APCD mod

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

Re: APCD mod

Post by Danny D »

braden1308 wrote: September 16th, 2020, 12:15 pm Hi Dan,

You remove your ApcdRC.dll file from your APCD folder and replace it with the one from the mod and that will modify your APCD. Make sure you put the original ApcdRC.dll file somewhere on your desktop so if you feel you're not comfortable with the mod you can change it back.

Glenn
And that was exactly what always stopped me from trying it Glenn. STEP ONE was missing. :smile: How to set up an APCD for use with that tool. That is not mentioned anywhere in those instruction. As I had mentioned, I could have GUESSED that was the way it was done, but decided to not take any chances until someone could confirm it. Perhaps a slightly more detailed set of instructions can be made up with step one added. If I get some time to try it out, and no one else makes some new instructions, perhaps I will do it and have it posted here on LC. Thank you for the clarification Glenn. Much appreciated. :thumbup:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

yes, someone post detailed instructions please. Winged Foot set to Firm/Fast just didn't play correct, so modified properties are needed I feel. Thanks also Glenn
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I don't think there is anyone here that knows how to adjust the texture physics without many hours of playing around with the mod and if they were changed in the extender I don't know if they can be fixed without being replaced.

I know in the mod you can reset values but if they have been modified in the extender I'm not sure the reset texture properties will work.

There were never any tutorials or posts when the mod or extender came out on how to adjust texture properties and I only know of two courses that texture properties were modified on and they just have funny things happen when you play with course conditions.

Unless you have time to play with the mod adjusting texture properties and testing them I'm not sure there is a person here that can help.

Glenn
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

dorse72 wrote: September 17th, 2020, 4:27 am yes, someone post detailed instructions please. Winged Foot set to Firm/Fast just didn't play correct, so modified properties are needed I feel. Thanks also Glenn
Firm/Fast is only mid-way in the available course conditions. I'll gladly play-test the course with challenging conditions, and I can tell you down to the foot if your greens work with them. With the hundreds of courses that we have here, I can't see any way you can make the course NOT work with existing conditions unless you mess around with the Extender and modify texture properties, so I don't think you should do that.

To me, there is no greater example of the course quality that has been produced by the APCD other than Augusta National, and it can be played with Firm (Challenging) Fast (Challenging) conditions by those who know how to do it.

Pete
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

sounds good, I'll take you up on that. hopefully I can get this course planted today.

Another of my issues is I can't find my Links 2k3 installation CD. I just copied the folder from an old backup and installed it, maybe it didn't install correctly? seems to run fine though. should I just buy the game again from LC and re-install?
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

dorse72 wrote: September 17th, 2020, 3:26 pm sounds good, I'll take you up on that. hopefully I can get this course planted today.

Another of my issues is I can't find my Links 2k3 installation CD. I just copied the folder from an old backup and installed it, maybe it didn't install correctly? seems to run fine though. should I just buy the game again from LC and re-install?
If I were you I would buy the download version instead of looking for your copy. I spend hours looking for stuff (I'm 74 with a typical old man's memory) when it would be much easier to buy it. $7.95, and it installs easily. Cheaper than a 6-pack in a lot of cases!

Pete
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

but I'm hooked on the new IPA's, they are soo good! $10-15 a 6-pack. :tongue:
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

Back in the day I knew all of your questions you are asking but for the life of me I can’t remember. It’s just been so long since I fiddle with all of it

Pat