Golf Logix Green Contour Books

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

Re: Golf Logix Green Contour Books

Post by Danny D »

braden1308 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 9:57 pm Yes I am hoping that I am able to sharpen things up in photoshop when I get around to it
Hi Glenn... For what it's worth, I took pictures with my cell phone and made a "negative" view of the StackaLine green contour images to get a better view of the contour lines. I understand that the ones you have are from a different company, but it might help you to see them better too.

Here' the difference. I think the negative one looks much better and will be easier to work with.
cdl_1.jpg
cdl_1.jpg (246.42 KiB) Viewed 3705 times
cdl_B 01.jpg
cdl_B 01.jpg (246.45 KiB) Viewed 3705 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Danny, as soon as I get around to scanning one of mine I will post a pic. I don't know what strakaline charges for shipping but the golflogix books are $40 each and shipping is $3.80 so it's not terrible
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

braden1308 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 11:04 am Thanks Danny, as soon as I get around to scanning one of mine I will post a pic. I don't know what strakaline charges for shipping but the golflogix books are $40 each and shipping is $3.80 so it's not terrible
StrackaLine books are $47.00 and shipping was around the same as yours. Less than $4.00... With my experience in copying them, I found the images to be much sharper with a cell phone than with a scanner. I laid the cell phone on top of a box that was a few inches tall, and slid the camera lens out over the end of the box and pointed it down at the table. Then I laid the little booklet pages under the lens. Doing it that way kept the phone still and focused so I was sure not to move it around. I also took the staples out of the booklet so the pages would lie perfectly flat and not be bulged at the folded part.

By the way Glenn, rather than scanning a small page and then blowing it up, the cell phone takes a huge image that doesn't need to be blown up. Notice on the top right corner of the one I posted, after I cropped it, I photo-shopped the pixel size of my images. Then I resized it to 1024x1024. That way it can be imported into the APCD. Once in there, I created a planar and set the X and Y axis at the settings I typed on the image. I set it at CONSTRAINED SCALE and typed in those setting. X = Width and Y = height. Obviously it came out way to big, but that set it at the correct ratio. Then I chose UNIFORM SCALE and scaled it down until it fit the green. Doing it this way gets the ratio set properly without having to do a lot of tweaking and measuring. Hope that helps,

Good luck, :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yeah I was wondering why the grid lines didnt appear fully square, you made them that way on purpose rather than the actual documents being that way, I see where you're going with it now :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Danny, the phone works great. I would post a pic but I don't want to give up any hints on future projects :nono:

Thanks again :cheers1:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I appreciate that you don’t want to reveal your course, but can the green details be easily used within APCD?
If so I can then order a copy of Wade Hampton GC.
Thank you,
Ian
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Ian, I have one of the Golf Logix books. Yes they can be used in the APCD - especially after seeing the negative image of the green grid. It makes the elevation lines more visible.

Pete
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Thank you Pete
Ian.
I have Just been on the website to order the maps, but I find that as I live outside of the US I must pay an additional $36. Just a warning to non-US based linksters. I will have to think about it. It is not so much the $ but to pay almost the same to receive the details as the details themselves seems wrong. I will let you all know.
Thanks again to Braden and Pete.
Last edited by Ian Wells on August 7th, 2020, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I see where mailing a package from the U.S. overseas via the USPS can range in price from $1.20 to $12.20 for regular first class mail. I am guessing that Golflogix is using either a priority mail or UPS which are more expensive.

Ian what course are you looking at purchasing?
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Braden,
Wade Hampton
Ian