Golf Logix Green Contour Books

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
braden1308

Golf Logix Green Contour Books

Post by braden1308 »

Hi Everyone,

I got an email from golflogix today offering free shipping on their contour green books and I didn't even know they sold them. I see that their books range in price from $30 - $40 depending on the course. I found books I could not find on strakaline and probably will go ahead and order what I have been looking for saving some money on both the books and the shipping. Here is a link https://store.golflogix.com/

Glenn :cheers1:
Ian Wells

Re: Golf Logix Green Contour Books

Post by Ian Wells »

Glen,
What is the quality of the books. I am interested because Wade Hampton is on their list. Have you reviewed one of their books?
Thank you for this information.
Ian
Last edited by Ian Wells on August 1st, 2020, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I am going to order a couple tonight Ian. From the looks of the book on the website the quality looks good and if they are doing them for so many premier courses as well as others I can't imagine the quality wouldn't be good. We will find out.

Glenn
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Glenn, please post your impression of them when you get the ones you order. I'm very interested.

Pete
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I'm sorry I don't do impressions :rofl:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Nice! :clapping: :thumbup:

Pete
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

pmgolf wrote: July 30th, 2020, 9:00 pm Nice! :clapping: :thumbup:

Pete
couldn't help it, and i'll let you know how they are as soon as i get them. i got an email they shipped already so i may have them monday
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I finally received my books and until I scan them I'm not sure how they are going to be. They are more complicated than the strakaline green books as the print is very small. I should be able to scan them and blow them up without distortion so we'll see.

BTW there are two green mappings, one is in color, the colors indicate the degree of slope on the green and the other is a putt break indicator
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I got the book for Pendleton GC in VA. The lines of elevation change on the greens seem to be pretty faint - certainly when compared to the arrowheads indicating direction of break. I'll have to scan them in to see for sure.

PEte
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Yes I am hoping that I am able to sharpen things up in photoshop when I get around to it